PDA

View Full Version : O K Confess

BIG RED
12-31-2006, 07:42 AM
O K, Confess , we are closing out 2006, and if so inclined, who did what this year. Did you end up ahead for the year, or like most poor slobs :D , end down. I myself lost this year. I just lost about 2K the past two weeks, got some of it back, but that's how the year went. Take a little, give a little more back.

I only played about as half as I normally do. I missed my best time last year, spring to summer, but I didn't get crushed. I can live with this years losses. My acct isn't to bad because I have had a good year in football, so that helps. I just started playing a little more conservative this week, so maybe by next month I will have recouped what fell thru the wholes in my pocket. This I would not share except to make a point, that somedays I played medicated (legal, had another accident) and my point being don't ever play seriously under the influence of meds or Alchohol. I can look at my own numbers right now and see where I was not sober. I may have thought I was having a good time, but boy do you pay a price.

Now, any honest men or women out there willing to share their plight this year?? (16hrs left)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tom
12-31-2006, 11:09 AM
I won't know if I won or lost for the year until about 8 o'clok tonight! :eek::lol:

cj
12-31-2006, 11:14 AM
I won't know if I won or lost for the year until about 8 o'clok tonight! :eek::lol:

Why so early? Surely there is still some Canadian harness racing going then. They don't celebrate New Year's in Canada, do they? :jump:

Tom
12-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Come 8 o'clock, I celebrate Canadian CLUB! ;)

Red Knave
12-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Why so early? Surely there is still some Canadian harness racing going then. They don't celebrate New Year's in Canada, do they? :jump:
Oh, we celebrate ...

cj
12-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Damn Bob, I was trying to bust Keilan's chops, not yours. You are too nice!

Handiman
12-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Overall, I'm down for the year. But that includes testing a gazillion programs and methods. The last 4 months, I have been even. Up a bit and down a bit. 2007 marks the point where I turn profitable!!

Handi

the little guy
12-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I won the usual seven figures.....without a rebate.

JimG
12-31-2006, 02:38 PM

I'm guessing you went home early most days.:lol::lol:

keilan
12-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Damn Bob, I was trying to bust Keilan's chops, not yours. You are too nice!

Bob stay outta this, I can handle him ;)

Happy New Year bro & all the best in 2007 to the rest of you degenerates :jump: :jump:

keilan
12-31-2006, 02:58 PM

Same :p

Bruddah
12-31-2006, 03:25 PM
some of you guys will be starting the New Year fresh, with no stories remaining to be told. Ahh, a new year for me. Another chance to support the game I love and to diminish my wealth another little chunk. :jump: :lol: :bang:

kenwoodallpromos
12-31-2006, 04:16 PM
! made $6 profit on real betting, slightly up on public handicapping (waiting for Oaklawn!).
Got my info on leg injuries distributed widely;
Unofficially advised Arlington and DM on breakdowns, which I think helped;
Got Rerun charity to use (a form of) my idea at Finger Lakes to sell used racing shoes to raised money.
Raised the idea of denying stall space as drug violation punishment.
Generally bugged the hell out of racing to look harder for causes of leg problems.

ranchwest
12-31-2006, 04:45 PM
I bet so little this year that I didn't even keep records, but I think I made a little profit. It was all at the track so I have no account to check.

I played some 10 cent supers this year and did pretty well on those. Hit one for $139 (and the very next race for $9+), a couple for $50+, etc. Hit a $53 win ticket and a couple of exactas over $100. That's all off of probably 6 or 8 times at the track and mostly playing one or two tracks and not betting much money.

I'm probably going to go back to wagering online soon.

Indulto
12-31-2006, 04:54 PM
I won the usual seven figures.....without a rebate.I won an unusual full-figured prize ... with unabated pleasure.:D

sjk
12-31-2006, 04:59 PM
I finished with an ROI slightly above my long term average but since I was getting some rebates this year for the first time and these contributed to the results I was hoping for better.

It is hard for me to know whether competition is making it harder to succeed. I would be interested in opinions on that.

PriceAnProbability
12-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Those who used my picks this year did well.

speedking
12-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Those who used my picks this year did well.

But of course! Still, we are all wondering where these stupendous selections are being beamed to? Rumor has it that most end up on Uranus.

speedking

44PACE
12-31-2006, 10:39 PM
I had a good year ( no 7 figures I don't bet the $ required to accomplish that level) averaged about 10 % return on my betting handle, the past month some research I did looks very promising my returns for Dec with my altered approach yielded a 23% return.

Here it goes" the ultimate jinx" horse racing is not that hard.:eek:

Hammerhead
12-31-2006, 11:41 PM
Had a banner year Only lost a grand on check returns from the Slicker and only 7 threats of reprisal. Down 20% from last year. No drive buys :lol:
Every one have a great and prosperus: (whatever)

NEW YEAR

AwolAtPA
01-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Sun 31 Jan 2006

well, first a quick summary and an expanded justification to stay in the game.

Jan thru Nov, I lost.
December 2006 was a controlled betting experiment which finished with a GAIN!!

do not want to report the dollars because the experiment was done at the penny level ...yup, pitching PENNIES to a shakey money pot.

so, the December gain has to be repeated over a hundred times to break even but I am very comfortable with the expenses from all the 2006 experiments.

-----------------
for 2007, I am looking forward to raising my level of betting to over a dime and maybe even a whole dollar!

duane/AWOL

Double AWOL Projects (not LLC yet!)

raybo
01-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, I haven't done any appreciable wagering since 2005 when I ran into some psychological negatives, concerning my money management system. But, after over a year of trying to get my discipline and confidence back in form, I'm looking forward to the next year. If it's anything close to 2005, I'll be very satisfied, that year topped out at $7700 from a $400 bandkroll and ended up with a $4500 net profit. Going to be hard to duplicate that, I suppose, but won't know until I get back into it for real. Good luck to all of you in '07!

sjk
01-01-2007, 04:10 PM
This seems to come up at the end of each year. I always find it astonishing that no one seems to have an interest.

In most businesses topics such as

How do you benchmark and set goals for success?
How are changes to the competition affecting success and dictating changes to strategy?

would seem to be important to address.

Why is it that these issues are of no interest here?

BIG RED
01-02-2007, 03:35 AM
I finished with an ROI slightly above my long term average but since I was getting some rebates this year for the first time and these contributed to the results I was hoping for better.

It is hard for me to know whether competition is making it harder to succeed. I would be interested in opinions on that.

sounds good sjk, those exactas you play must be panning out. Stick to it. In the succeed department, it's a grind for us all.

This thread actually sounds positive, look how many are looking forward to 2007. They seem to have their stratagies at the ready! I to am one. I have something I've been following the past few months and may pounce on after football. Just strictly sprints with key horses in the exotics. I'm looking forward to it!

speedking
01-02-2007, 08:50 AM
This seems to come up at the end of each year. I always find it astonishing that no one seems to have an interest.

In most businesses topics such as

How do you benchmark and set goals for success?
How are changes to the competition affecting success and dictating changes to strategy?

would seem to be important to address.

Why is it that these issues are of no interest here?

I had a good year and after reviewing records the past few days I realize what must be done to improve the bottom line in 2007.

I handicap 3 or 4 tracks in-depth every day and spot play almost all others, many bets pretty much coming on the fly off some basic pre-lim notes. I am primarily a win and DD-P3-P4 player. My primary focus is isolating those contenders whom I expect to cross the line first. My biggest mistake has been to take my best selection/value play from among these horses and place the others underneath in ex and tris. Results have been mediocre at my secondary tracks despite a good win pct and ROI. Many times the horses who run 2nd and 3rd do not fit the profile of the horse you look for on top. It requires a different way of handicapping and I need to eliminate these type wagers this year. Stick only to win and rolling type bets at my secondary tracks.

I have also made a list of best/worst tracks and how I performed on different track conditions.

Best tracks for me were Aqu-Tam-SA-Evd-CT

Worst...Tup-Lrl(main)-Kee(poly)-Beu

Unless I spot a bias or an unusually dominant play with multiple positive factors I will pass on these tracks.

I have also realized how poorly I do on main track surfaces labeled "Good".
For whatever reason, I have very poor numbers over these drying out surfaces and I will avoid them this year unless there is a dominant bias.

Turf racing has once again been my strongest point. I need to focus on all turf races before looking at anything else. On the other hand, I was slightly down for the year on races taken off turf. My initial thoughts are that I try to hard to beat the chalk in these races because I underestimate the public's ability to change on the fly. Need to think about this subset.

All in all, a very good year and I hope to improve a bit more in 2007.

Best of luck to all this year!

speedking

Niko
01-02-2007, 04:56 PM
After my best year in 05' I had my second worst in 06'. Did my handicapping stop working, just standard deviation...I don't know but it was painful.

I looked at last years results to refine my play a bit being careful not to fall into the trap of curve fitting and optimization of past results. But I feel a couple areas could be refined.

Seemed that at certain tracks like Gulfstream there were more unexplained (per odds and PP's) winners than in past years. I may even treat the Gulfstream numbers similar to Keeneland when the horse runs their best figures there based on some observations.

So I'll cut my plays down to start the year and test another approach I stumbled across while reviewing my plays. Like others..I'm hopeful I'll rebound. Thankfully I don't have to make my living playing this game.

46zilzal
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
DON'T average: each race is exclusive unto itself. When one lumps them together, errors abound.

rrpic6
01-02-2007, 05:31 PM

Maybe the IRS will get off my ass and on to yours if I forward this!:eek:

betchatoo
01-02-2007, 11:01 PM
2006 was a very good year.

PaceAdvantage
01-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Maybe the IRS will get off my ass and on to yours if I forward this!:eek:

TLG is just pulling your leg. I know for a fact he did not beat my $999,999 net profit in 2006....:liar: