PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Notice........Saddam's body

JustRalph
12-30-2006, 04:47 PM
anybody notice that in the video and pic's before the hanging he had a clean face...........

in the shot of his body afterwards he has a noticeable contusion under his left eye?

Wonder how that got there? you think he swung into the gallows? or maybe the rope was too long and he hit the ground below?

Tom
12-30-2006, 05:02 PM
anybody notice that in the video and pic's before the hanging he had a clean face...........

in the shot of his body afterwards he has a noticeable contusion under his left eye?

Wonder how that got there? you think he swung into the gallows? or maybe the rope was too long and he hit the ground below?

:lol::lol::lol:

Pinata!

Dave Schwartz
12-30-2006, 08:10 PM
On CNN I believe they said he had a scuffle with one of the guards taking him to the gallows.

Dave

bigmack
12-30-2006, 08:51 PM
On CNN I believe they said he had a scuffle with one of the guards taking him to the gallows.
A. I'm flabbergasted that you pay attn to the less than viable CNN
2. When they were putting the noose around his neck on the podium his face was "clean"
C: I think the rope did a "slap back" as the noose was to his side as he dropped causing the injury.
5: I felt odd watching it and believe a preferred method was the quick trial and execution of Nicolai Chauchesku.
E: (A) was a joke.

Dave Schwartz
12-30-2006, 08:55 PM
LOL - Not as good as the last one. <G>

Suff
12-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Watching CNN and along the bottom crawl was a statement from the Iraqi National Security Adviser Mowaffak al-Rubaie

"It was an Iraqi operation from A to Z. The Americans were not present during the hour of the execution. They weren't even in the building."

A to Z? Iraqi's are using American slang in thier Government press releases? ...I'm pretty sure the Arabic Alphabet has no A, nor Z.

but any-who... Folks seem all excited about a hanging. Good times. Have a party. As far as Humanity goes, it strikes me as Marching in Place.

PaceAdvantage
12-30-2006, 10:18 PM
but any-who... Folks seem all excited about a hanging. Good times. Have a party. As far as Humanity goes, it strikes me as Marching in Place.

I'm not excited. But I'm not spilling any tears either.

Suff
12-30-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm not excited. But I'm not spilling any tears either.

ho hum. One fruit cake gone, another in the wings. What I find most interesting about the event was the cry out for Palestinians when he knew he was all done.

That's telling. This appearances thing is something I think about. America didnt want to give the appearance of being the Catalyst for the execution. Simaltaneously, the reason given as to why our number one Allie in the region never committed troops was appearances.

That Allie being Israel. The one Country that seemingly would benefit most directly from a different Iraq and middle east......Never showed. Yet many of our other allies took a lot of heat for their lack of commitment to Iraq. But no one questions why Israel sits on the sidelines. They have some serious firepower by the way, and a rather ruthless way of doing business.

Whatever.... I'm handicapping. I like a single in the early pick4 tomorrow. In the third... Single "waytotheleft". Bet the rent, or rent voucher.:D

Saddam who?

kenwoodallpromos
12-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Where did you find a color pix of the body?

JustRalph
12-31-2006, 06:11 PM
I would warn that the link Linrom posted is very, very graphic!

cj
12-31-2006, 06:19 PM
FYI...I deleted the post by linrom. PA can certainly restore it if he likes, but I'm erring on the side of caution here.

PaceAdvantage
12-31-2006, 08:40 PM
I trust your judgement....I didn't even bother to click on the link, as I'm not in the mood to see something like that right now....

He posted two links....which one was the worst? The second? If it's that graphic, I doubt it will last that long on YouTube, or is my impression of YouTube standards off base?

cj
01-01-2007, 06:47 AM
I didn't look at either of them as I have heard the one is very graphic. Mabye linrom can tell us which one. I'm like you, I have no desire to see it.

linrom1
01-01-2007, 10:23 AM
The reason why I posted the two links was to show that Saddam's death was not something that was dignified where the condemned man utters something heroic like William Wallace does in Braveheart. Saddam was executed by a Shiite death squad that throws insults at Saddam who returns insults at his executioners.

It appears that after the execution his body was desecrated and thus the bruises. This is also significant because it shows deep hatred of the tyrant while some are beginning to view Saddam as a Martyr of some American, Israeli agenda.

The second link shows what Saddam was all about. It has very graphic depiction of Saddam's security forces at work such as blowing up his critics. Yes, blown up.There is also footage of a firing squad gone berserk and finally a beheading where a man's cut off head is placed on his torso while blood gushes out from the headless victim.

These are indeed graphic, but, looking at the world through rose colored glasses only assures that the next tyrant will do the same thing because some would prefer to be ignorant, or prevent others from learning the truth, so that next generations could re-write the history.

linrom1
01-01-2007, 10:34 AM
He posted two links....which one was the worst? The second? If it's that graphic, I doubt it will last that long on YouTube, or is my impression of YouTube standards off base?

Unlike PA, nothing is removed from Youtube unless someone objects due to copyright infringement. :D :jump:

Tom
01-01-2007, 11:02 AM
I agree with Linrom gere - stuff like this is repulsive, but needs to be seen. Ike made sure the holocoust was documented so that it never be denied ( apparently except by the KKK and islamic leaders!).
But I also agree that this might not be the place to see them.
Linrom I appreciated seeing them, but that was just me, and I think a game of soccer with the SOB's head would have made good ESPN coverage! :jump: Maybe the game could have gone into.......suddent death!

lsbets
01-01-2007, 11:27 AM
I think it is important for Saddam's brutality to be seen, because as has been shown on this board, there are those who would either minimize Saddam's actions or equate his brutality with the actions of our military. To those who are unfamiliar with Saddam's actions, the arguments of Saddam's defenders might appear to be reasonable. The arguments are not reasonable by any stretch, nor are those who make them, and the best counter is the actual actions themselves.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-01-2007, 12:19 PM
And some even equate Saddam's brutality to George Bush!

Let me know when George Bush kills a dozen, let alone a few hundred thousand U.S. Citizens in cold blood. Instead of tens of thousands of opposition soldiers trying to defend their dangerout tyrant, and the unfortunate thousands who had the sad luck of living/being near wear that tyrant and their solides/street snipers/bombers happened to be at that time.

Tom
01-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Just another "inconvenient truth" for the feel -good libs.
Never let facts get in the way of a good guilt trip.
And never store "perch" above 38 degrees. It will start to smell! :lol:

Indulto
01-01-2007, 01:27 PM
...What I find most interesting about the event was the cry out for Palestinians when he knew he was all done.

That's telling. This appearances thing is something I think about. America didnt want to give the appearance of being the Catalyst for the execution. Simaltaneously, the reason given as to why our number one Allie in the region never committed troops was appearances.

That Allie being Israel. The one Country that seemingly would benefit most directly from a different Iraq and middle east......Never showed. Yet many of our other allies took a lot of heat for their lack of commitment to Iraq. But no one questions why Israel sits on the sidelines. They have some serious firepower by the way, and a rather ruthless way of doing business.Can you come up with a scenario where their presence would have served our interests? It's hard for me to imagine that Israeli troops on Iraqi soil wouldn't be the most effective jihadist recruitment tool ever. I doubt it would have contributed to the stability of the Saudi government.

I guess the battle lines in off-topic from 2006 will be carried over into the new year. It's clear there will be no reconciliation between those who feel that no cost was too great to eliminate Saddam and those who believe the cost in lives, limbs, and life quality of U.S. and Iraqi citizens was unwarranted. Let's hope the drive-by shooting of the Denver cornerback is not a harbinger of an expansion of urban terrorism here.

Can those on both sides of the 650,000 deaths debate at least that 1) some fraction of that total more deaths did occur as a result of the invasion, 2) whatever the total was, it was very likely exponentially more than the Butcher of Baghdad would have achieved over the same period, and 3) most of those casualties occurred after "Shock and Awe" and "Mission Accomplished"?

Cheney's speech about Ford reminded of the time when I still had a lot of respect for the former. If his respect for Ford was sincere, perhaps he will be less determined to force U.S. soldiers to die trying to bail out the administration's image and legacy.