PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Park Pavillion

JimG
10-24-2002, 08:39 PM
I just got back from the Ft. Worth Texas area following a 3 day working seminar.

While out there I got a chance Wed. night to go to the Lone Star Park....walked the grandstand but hung out at the Pavillion. I gotta say Lone Star is a really nice track. You Texans (GR1 and smf) should be proud!

But the Pavillion in my humble opinion is really special. I am comparing this race book type theater to some I have been to back east and it is spectacular. The people working there were very friendly for the most part and the crowd was well behaved. I was also happy they simulcasted dogs as well.

Anyway, any of you that happen to travel to Texas...be sure to visit Lone Star. I think you'll enjoy it.

Jim

PS...to smf and GR1...I did not have a computer of net access to let you guys know I was going to the track last night in case you wanted to meet. I was surprised I was able to get away and go to the track...it came about at the last minute.

GR1@HTR
10-25-2002, 08:45 AM
Glad you enjoyed the visit JimG. Yeah, guess we are a little spoiled here w/ the racebook. Most of us here don't know any different since we haven't been to too many different tracks. But after going to some of the racebooks in Vegas and other tracks, LS by far has the best facility. Just wish they would build a racebook a little closer to the rest of the metroplex. TX has stupid laws...ie No account wagering. Technically speaking if a texan wants to wager on a horse race he/she has to go to LS, HOU, RET, or MAN. No OTB or any other options...