LutherCalvin
12-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Aqueduct 7th Race 12-29-2006

# Horse Jockey Weight Win Place Show
2 Good Prospect Lopez C C 120 35.80 16.20 12.20
1A Trust Nobody Madrid M 117 5.60 4.50
4 Lorccan Santos J A 120 26.80

Exact 2-1 paid $155.00

I'm a two buck benny, a recreational player, and I tell you there is no greater thrill than hitting a boxcar mutuel. Today's 7th race at the Big A is a race that I'll remember for a long time.

I handicapped the race in my usual fashion and my initial analysis of the glorified maiden race for 2YO New York breds pointed to the morning line favorite, Trust Nobody. The gelding had just broken its maiden in his last race, had the highest speed rating, had tactical speed, but was carring a bug boy with with a 7 percent win average, had just scored its highest speed figure, and was attempting a route for the first time. False favorite?

Something told me to look elsewhere for the winner. The #2 horse, Good Prospect, caught my eye. The colt had the most experience at route races in the field with 3 of 4 on the board finishes in those races. Although the colt lost by 16 lengths the last time out, it was in allowance company, and two races back, Good Prospect had finished third in stakes company. The jockey, Charles C. Lopez, had a 24 percent win ratio.

At 16-1, I played Good Prospect across the board and for good measure I put him on top of an exacta with favorite.

I could feel the endorphin rush as my picks charged through the stretch and finished 1-2 with the longie on top. I couldn't resist leaning over to the guy at the off track and saying, "This is a tough game." I showed him my tickets as I had to share my triumph.

The cashier girl saw my maked up program as I hand her my tickets to cash and said, "You have the same problem I do- overanalysing the race."

"Yeah, I do," I said as I watched her hand over a couple of Franklins, a Hamilton, and a Lincoln.

I love this game.

Sundown
12-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Congrats!! That's what got me hooked and keeps me coming back.

Suff
12-31-2006, 03:22 AM
Aqueduct 7th Race 12-29-2006

"Yeah, I do," I said as I watched her hand over a couple of Franklins, a Hamilton, and a Lincoln.

I love this game.

Good Going Luther...:ThmbUp: Don't give it all back ..to quick

LutherCalvin
12-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Oh... I won't be giving it back too quick. I never bet more than $20 for the day at the off track. I'm good for ten more trips. I usually go Sundays and Wednesdays on my lunch break and occasionally with a friend who's a bit of a pain in the ass. He bets everything I do. I call him my apprentice.