PDA

View Full Version : Premier Turf Club.....

BIG RED
12-29-2006, 08:43 PM
...I noticed you 're-do' old radios. I'm listenning to Phillip Marlowe right now.

Great old radio....would sound great if you feed it into it!

old radio shows (www.otr.net)

and it's all free! Great stuff. I have been a library card carring man all my life, and payed my dues. Now it's worth it :ThmbUp:

BIG RED
12-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Sorry, should have put this in off topic. :)

Premier Turf Club
12-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Red,

I not only restore antique radios, I collect old time radio shows. Have about 5000 or so currently. I'm a sucker for anything from the 30's or 40's.

kenwoodallpromos
12-29-2006, 11:13 PM
If he was into TV I would ask about the worth of the 1940's Tv in my local antique shop. (The one with the tube on top of a cabinet).

Pace Cap'n
12-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Red,

I not only restore antique radios, I collect old time radio shows. Have about 5000 or so currently. I'm a sucker for anything from the 30's or 40's.

Old radio shows, originally posted by bigmack...

radiolovers.com/ (http://radiolovers.com/)

My wife bought an antique radio at a flea market last week...it works great but all it will get is Amos and Andy, Jack Benny, etc.

Premier Turf Club
12-30-2006, 11:07 AM
If he was into TV I would ask about the worth of the 1940's Tv in my local antique shop. (The one with the tube on top of a cabinet).

Ken,

I have collected antique TV's in the past. Believe it or not, most of them are worth next to nothing. You'd think considering the scarcity they'd command a premium price. My guess is their bulk really dampends demand for them. I think I paid $400 for one of the first production model TV's, a '52(I think) RCA. If you've got a photo of your set, send it to me at premierturfclub@att.net and I'll see if I recognize it.

Premier Turf Club
12-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Old radio shows, originally posted by bigmack...

radiolovers.com/ (http://radiolovers.com/)

My wife bought an antique radio at a flea market last week...it works great but all it will get is Amos and Andy, Jack Benny, etc.

Very good.

I love those shows. I bought a small AM broadcaster that I've hooked to my PC so I can listen to these old shows on 1930's and '40s tube radios.