PDA

View Full Version : BrisBet video

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Somewhere on here (whether in the chat room or the message board) I seem to recall somebody telling me how to run more than one track at the same time using BrisBet video.

If that someone could step forward and relate this tale once again, it would be much appreciated. I've tried searching the message board archives but couldn't come up with anything....my best guess is that it was BillW in the War Room one day, but that's just a guess....

Wickel
12-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Funny you post a thread on Brisbet video. I just sent them a long rant on how poor the quality has become since they switched to Real Player. A few months ago I upgraded to broadband just to view the replays. Let me tell you, it was awesome, until they ditched Windows Media. I'm a sad puppy, now, and thinking of switching services.

cj
12-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Bris video has absolutely sucked the last month or so. I didn't realize they had switched to RealPlayer though. I still get mine via WMP.

BillW
12-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Bris video has absolutely sucked the last month or so. I didn't realize they had switched to RealPlayer though. I still get mine via WMP.

The replay archive has been switched to Real Player - real time is still wmp (unless something has changed very recently). The problem with their old archive software was that they checked for windows media player before they would feed the stream and locked out all non-windows operating system users even if you could handle the .wmp format.

BillW
12-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Somewhere on here (whether in the chat room or the message board) I seem to recall somebody telling me how to run more than one track at the same time using BrisBet video.

If that someone could step forward and relate this tale once again, it would be much appreciated. I've tried searching the message board archives but couldn't come up with anything....my best guess is that it was BillW in the War Room one day, but that's just a guess....

I don't recall - other than maybe running their stream that rotates to the track now running. I don't see that selection on their live video menu now :confused:

BillW
12-29-2006, 03:50 PM
just checked - live video is still .wmp and looks OK here - for over-the-net video, that is (when are they switching to 1080i?)

csperberg
01-06-2007, 12:55 PM
get a player like MPC(media player classic) here is a direct download link from sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=82303&use_mirror=superb-east&filename=mpc2kxp6490.zip&96040619

This player will allow multiple instances running at the same time.

Now here is what you have to do to get multiple video streams.

Open a video like normal through Brisbet. When you have WMP running the video go to File at the top menu(enable menus if not showing). Select Properties a box will pop up. In this box there is a "location", this has the URL for the video stream. Highlight that address and copy using ctrl+c(mouse right click does not work).

Now open up your MPC. Select File from the top menu. Then select Open File, not Quick Open File. A box will pop up with two spots to enter location information. Paste the address you just copied into the Open section and hit OK.

The video should buffer up in about 10 seconds.

Now select Favorites from the top menu and select add to favorites and name the shortcut to the name of the track you just used.

Now that track will be in your favorites. Just repeat to add more to your list.

MPC will allow you to resize the video to any size you want to view it, of course the bigger you go the grainier the video will get. Some tracks just have better streams than others as well.

Here is a screen shot to show it works. Aqueduct video shows up black but trust me it was running as well.

Hope this helps. I had 6 videos going at one time, didnt try more. I am sure as long as your bandwidth and system can handle it you can have as many at one time as you wanted.

http://i16.tinypic.com/2mc85me.jpg

rrbauer
01-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Whoa! You have a 30" screen or sumpin?

Buddha
01-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I like it. Now if I could just get my video to open up from Firefox, I would be doing fine. Ever since I got my new PC, it won't open the video feed for my WatchandWager account. I have enabled the popup for americatab, and the 2 windows come up, but not the video. I have to go through IE to be able to do it, and don't like it. Anyone know anything that I can do to fix it?

PaceAdvantage
01-07-2007, 04:14 AM
Wow Calvin, thanks for the info! I will check this out later today....

csperberg
01-07-2007, 07:41 AM
no probs

speedking
01-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Wow Calvin, thanks for the info! I will check this out later today....

That looks fantastic, Calvin. Thanks for the info.

PA, please keep us posted with your results. This will make me switch from Youbet video which has also sucked lately.

speedking

Red Knave
01-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Anyone know anything that I can do to fix it?I don't know if this "fixes" it, but you can use IE to display stuff while you are in FF. You need the IE Tab extension ( available here https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/ ).
Other than that you may need to make sure you have installed the plug-in for whatever video format Watch and Wager uses (i.e. Windows Media, Real, Quicktime) and that it is set as the default player for that format.

csperberg
01-08-2007, 01:41 PM
OK update on this situation.

It appears that by adding the tracks to the favorites list does expire. So it looks like you have to redo the steps when the favorites list does not work anymore.

I know today I can get the tracks streaming through MPC, but they wont work in my favorites list at all today. Keeps saying failed to render while using the favorites list.

Sorry bout that, really thought they would just stay working as they worked for 2 days in a row.

Still better than just one screen, and yeah some tracks do not look well when using this so those you might want to run like normal as they appear to look better in the windows media player versus the media player classic.

Ill try to see if there is anything else I can do to fix it.

csperberg
01-08-2007, 02:24 PM
just another quick update,

yeah for surely this is not a fool proof system. not only does the favorites list not work today,but Turf Paradise is also giving me problems streaming. It will start and run fine for about 10 mins and then start to rebuffer but switch over to Roberts Communications home channel. I can go back and redo the proccess and it will work in MPC again for about 10 mins. FG, Philly and Beulah all have been running fine no problems today.

Turf Paradise I dont mind running through the wmp, it was one of the tracks that didnt look good streaming in MPC anyway. Gulfstream was another I noticed the other day that didnt run or look good in MPC. I am sure there will be others as well.

So looks like it will work mostly, but there will be snags along the way. Personally I dont mind if I have to enter the URL's everyday or every couple of days. A few mins to set up to have my computer running like an OTB is not a problem for me. Beats having to get in my car and drive 10mins there and 10 mins back to the OTB here.

I guess one cant be picky considering that the other option is to watch one video screen, and maybe run multiple wagering sites to get extra video.

so bottom line is use this method if you wish, but dont complain about it not working perfect. If I can figure out anything to make it work more efficently I will post it here

BIG RED
01-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Whoa! You have a 30" screen or sumpin?

LOL! I had to go in the living room to see the rest :D

PaceAdvantage
01-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Calvin,

I think the problems you are seeing are due to the security measures used by Roberts and BrisBEt video. Those links are just temporary links and they seem to change not only day to day, but I think I have seen them change every time you click on a track!

If you bookmark them, they most likely won't work the next time....

This security is in place to make the signal less hackable, thrown all over the Internet, and then unwatchable as the bandwidth is sucked out by unauthorized viewers.

andicap
01-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Me, I'm having few problems with my TSNbet video (probably same technology as BRISbet) using Real Player. Once in a while I have to try twice after getting a network timeout error but it always works in the end. Quality is OK.
I did have problems with Real Player and BRIS until I changed my preferences and basically all but disconnected my WMP. WMP kept trying to load even after I had changed my preferred player to Real Player. (Can you just uninstall the damn thing? -- I can't figure out how.)

I am however having major problems streaming stuff from ESPN.com (same feed as cbssportsline.com) that comes from youbet.com using Windows Media Player.
I've tried EVERYTHING people have suggested (and more ) but it just won't connect.

I tried VLC but the streaming video never loaded -- I know I'm something wrong but dont know what. Maybe I'll try Winamp next.

Niko
01-09-2007, 01:00 PM
I love the new replays from Brisbet with Realplayer. They're usually up right after the race but I can't I can hardly hear it with the Realplayer and my computers volume maxed out.

As for Windows Media Player and live video. I haven't been able to get it to work for the past 2 months even after calling in to customer service. I don't have problems with any other video on the net. I have to try my cable company next to see if the router is blocking it

Brisbet (Ameritab) finally suggested disabling my firewall after I tried everything else but why in the hell would I disable my firewall leaving my computer vulnerable so I can see their live video?? I'll stick to the replays and forgot physicality handicapping with I do marginally at best anyway.

WMP is a real pain in the ass, it always tries to take over. Their are instructions on the net if you google uninstall WMP but even then I couldn't do it right because they hide everything. I still don't get why people don't like WMP and Microsoft with these friendly customer service tactics :bang:

skate
01-09-2007, 03:10 PM
niko;

im certainly not on top of your problem, but,
when amer/tab talked about disabling your fire wall, they may be saying to do so only temporarily and that means only for a few seconds.
this is something i do when i want the picture, i press "ctrl" key and hold until screen pops

csperberg
01-09-2007, 05:03 PM
to remove WMP cant you just go to: control panel-add/remove programs-add/remove windows components- and then uncheck WMP.

I would believe that should remove WMP from your system.

As far as it allways trying to take over the start up of certain things, just go to options in WMP and deselect the file types you dont want WMP to be associated with as the default player.

BIG RED
01-09-2007, 05:28 PM
niko;

im certainly not on top of your problem, but,
when amer/tab talked about disabling your fire wall, they may be saying to do so only temporarily and that means only for a few seconds.
this is something i do when i want the picture, i press "ctrl" key and hold until screen pops

I remember I did something like that a couple of years ago. I took of the firewall, strated the live video, drew it down, and put the firewall back on. It seemed to do the trick. I forget why I had to do it though. It might work

BillW
01-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Brisbet (Ameritab) finally suggested disabling my firewall after I tried everything else but why in the hell would I disable my firewall leaving my computer vulnerable so I can see their live video?? I'll stick to the replays and forgot physicality handicapping with I do marginally at best anyway.

Niko,

If you turn off your firewall and find out it works, you know it is the firewall causing the problem. Next you find out what ports you need to open up in the firewall, turn the firewall back on and you're all set, a happy ( :lol: ) Windows/WMP user.

Niko
01-09-2007, 11:31 PM
gee thanks Bill :rolleyes: LOL

Maybe I'll try to figure that out?? I do hit my control key and hold it down but that doesn't work. And you can't just go to add/remove programs and remove windows media player like just about every other program on your computer. That would be too simple and conveniant!! I upgraded to 11 and to uninstall or revert back you had to scroll through updates to find the right one and do something or other but looking at the labels I couldn't figure out which update is was.

I'll live with replays until I find a local tech guru around here that will help me out. I'd switch to Youbet but the free PP's when you bet on the track are keeping me there and I may have the same problem with Youbet if it resides on my end.

skate
01-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Niko;

i do not wanna stretch this out too long, but, Amer tab (phone) should be able to set you straight.
if its an update to real player, use their site for the update, it should take and put, just what you need.

csperberg
01-12-2007, 01:48 PM
well yet another further update, some bad and some good.

It seems as if as soon as I told about the MPC working for multiple videos, it suddenly does not work anymore, at least on my system. It now says failed to render file everytime I try.

So being disapointed that my solution was not working I set out to see if there was any other options or players to help.

Anyway long story short, VLC player has DVDJohns hack to allow streaming content to play through non windows players. This allows a player like VLC to intercept the signal and stream it through its player versus WMP.

So I tired it out, two setting needed to be set to make it easier. First in the preferences you have to click advance. In there you will see a check box for advanced options, select this. You will see a check box saying "One instance when started from file", unselect this as this will be the box that will allow you to run more than one stream.

When you first try to play a video through VLC the Bris video should pop up a security box asking you to download file, do so this is your stream. Once you do a message box will ask you to open or to save. There is a check box to ask to do this everytime, uncheck that. Now when ever you select a video a new player should open with your video.

As far as the MPC solution, it may be I set something wrong in my system and it still may work for others. I find now after setting up the VLC solution it is far easier to work with, at least so far.

Hope this also helps out anyone, sorry if the MPC solution doesnt work anymore. If this VLC solution stops working I will have to say there is a mole at PA passing the info back to AmericaTab and they are trying to block such acts.

I dont know why it would make a difference, I couldnt find anything saying you could only watch one video so I doubt this is illegal since anyone accessing the streams has to be a member.

Anyway here is another screen showing that it works, was running 6 tracks in this screen.

http://i14.tinypic.com/2vls1w2.jpg

Trax21
01-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Tried this out today with the VLC Player. Had 4 tracks going at 2:1 size on a 21" monitor. Had them up about 3 hours with no problems.

This may lead me to a second monitor, or may try going 1:1 size and stick with one.

Thanks csperberg!

csperberg
01-12-2007, 08:50 PM
not a prob, always looking out for the fellow horseplayers out there

bigmack
01-12-2007, 11:11 PM
not a prob, always looking out for the fellow horseplayers out there
Cal, I respect anyone willing to share info that may be beneficial to others without asking for anything in return. Some cats just draw from the forum without throwing anything into the collection plate. Thanks for the tips. Good luck with the next QB in GB