PDA

View Full Version : Internet wagering comes to New York

Indulto
12-29-2006, 12:24 AM
New York to allow Internet wagering By DAVID GRENING
http://drf.com/news/article/81510.html (http://drf.com/news/article/81510.html)

... Nader said NYRA is working aggressively to get everything in place to allow it to take Internet wagering by the launch date.

... Casey said he is hopeful that by the summer, all of the state's six OTB corporations could have a common website at which to wager. He said he has not ruled out becoming partners with an out-of-state provider if their technology is what he calls "best of breed."Redundancy as usual.

AwolAtPA
12-29-2006, 02:13 AM
[quote]
I think this is a breakthrough," said Bill Nader, the New York Racing Association's senior vice president and chief operating officer. "If you're trying to introduce Thoroughbred racing to a new audience, this is a step forward. Somebody under 35 would rather use their [personal computer] than the telephone. We think our site is going to be very attractive and very exciting."[end quote]

is Nader on a different planet? aah --Somebody under 35 --

I am over 60 (aah 62) and believe many players over 35 in New York
would rather use the Internet than be forced to use an OTB or the on track betting!!

Dan Montilion
12-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Internet wagering comes to New York...

Indoor plumbing next?

Valuist
12-29-2006, 09:33 AM

Indoor plumbing next?

:lol:

maybe one of these days.....

Suff
12-29-2006, 11:15 AM
I went to the winners circle OTB parlor at the corner of 38th and 7th avenue in NYC about 10 days ago. $10.00 to get in. No seats other than at the bar, So I sat there, ordered a coffee, and played three races. When I asked the bartender to settle me out he handed me a bill for $15.00.

$15.00 minimum to sit at the bar. Ten to get in. $25.00 for 45 Minutes. Not to mention I lost all three races I played.

Murder on the High Seas.

PriceAnProbability
12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I went to the winners circle OTB parlor at the corner of 38th and 7th avenue in NYC about 10 days ago. $10.00 to get in. No seats other than at the bar, So I sat there, ordered a coffee, and played three races. When I asked the bartender to settle me out he handed me a bill for $15.00.

$15.00 minimum to sit at the bar. Ten to get in. $25.00 for 45 Minutes. Not to mention I lost all three races I played.

Murder on the High Seas.

It would have been cheaper to go to a strip club.

Suff
12-29-2006, 04:59 PM

In the old days I might have. But scince Rudy Guiliani cleaned up Manhattan they're further apart and large money. The old days you could walk down 42nd street and trip & stumble into a Strip Club no matter which way you fell.

NY BRED
12-29-2006, 05:04 PM
not for nothing, but there is an otb parlor beneath the restaurant which
doesn't charge admission, but does surcharge bets, and ,quite often there is a strip tease, and/or bettors of all economic
levels losing their shirts :bang:

Suff
12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
not for nothing, but there is an otb parlor beneath the restaurant which
doesn't charge admission, but does surcharge bets, and ,quite often there is a strip tease, and/or bettors of all economic
levels losing their shirts :bang:

Yea, I know it well. But when you have a Laptop, a briefcase, and a winter business coat on, the downstairs is a lot work. You can't take your eye off anything.

Tom
12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
This is good news. I live 7 miles from FL and can't bet it on the internet anywhere.

Ridiculous.

As for the plumbing, how's that work inside? You dig a hole in the basement? :rolleyes:

trigger
12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Can't New York residents currently bet NYRA(Bel,Sar,Aqu) races via the internet by way of TVG , Youbet, etc.?

PaceAdvantage
12-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Can't New York residents currently bet NYRA(Bel,Sar,Aqu) races via the internet by way of TVG , Youbet, etc.?

Yup, and we've been doing so for many, many years now....

Steve 'StatMan'
12-30-2006, 02:44 PM

Indoor plumbing next?

Home Pizza Delivery

Tom
12-30-2006, 04:52 PM
I can bet NYRA, but not FL or Batavia.
Steve, the poepl who make laws in NYS would never grasp the concept of home delivered pizza.

I am not alone - most of the guys that used to hang outr at FL now don't bother - they force us to NOT bet during the week, comes the weekend, we bet where we are familiar....360 miles away.

highnote
01-02-2007, 03:24 AM

I must have read your mind. That's exactly what I was thinking.

I went to my first NYC strip club when I was 16 years old. One of the strippers kept asking (hustling) me to buy her a Perrier. Naive teenage boy that I was, I relented. She charged me $20 for the bottle of water -- which was probably all the money I had on me at the time.

I have often wondered whatever becomes of girls like her. Now I know. They run NY OTB. :D

PS

I wonder what political offices are being held by some of the 42nd Street transvestites that used to .... well ... uh... nevermind.

Tom
01-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Why not have strippers at the track?
Slots N sluts daily doubles! :lol: