PDA

View Full Version : why calder was off the turf 12/28

point given
12-28-2006, 10:07 PM
So, I skipped out on wednesday due to tuesdays rain, figuring they were off the turf and they were. So, Thursday comes and its beautiful outside, sunny 75, a friend is in town so I don't check the scratch board to get down there in time for racing. Low and behold , on their last week of racing, all 4 races are off the turf, with a myriad of scratches. Major bummer, couldn't even bet the first few races, I was so bummed out. Later on my buddy informs me the real reason the turf races were cancelled. The workers didn't show up today to put the temporary rail up ! :rolleyes: Then we watched around the 3-4th race the workers showed and were putting up the temp rail for friday turf races. Great show Calder and parent CD . :bang: Makes all that day before handicapping go out the window, owners and trainers making other plans for their horses who wanted their MSW 2 yo to break their maiden, ALL because the workers didnot show up !

Calder is living on fumes now, waiting for the magic slots g-d to show up.

BTW, on florida slots; the Hollywood dog track is opeining their slots parlor tomorrow, and Pompano will open theirs in a couple of monthes. SO, Gulfstreams fast start will be slowed by its competitors soon.

speedking
12-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the update, Point Given...Spent a couple hours on the card and expected them on the lawn. Lo and behold...Off Turf...Could not understand it. Went about 1/4 with the off turf events and all p3's I played were killed.

Nice to know they are "ON" tomorrow...Temp rail at this point???

speedking

BIG RED
12-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Yeah, that bummed me out too. When I seen they were 'off' I quit them for the day. That has been a few days now, and we don't get much lawn racing around this time of year, at good tracks. Sounds like the workers were on a 'slow down'? Hear about any squabbles by workers down there?

point given
12-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah, that bummed me out too. When I seen they were 'off' I quit them for the day. That has been a few days now, and we don't get much lawn racing around this time of year, at good tracks. Sounds like the workers were on a 'slow down'? Hear about any squabbles by workers down there?

No squables to speak of , other than me and my buddy jawing about what great betting opportunities there are in 5-6 horse races, calders specialty this week. I was by a betting window though and heard the teller relate he was there for 30 years and how gulfstream was the best before it was torn down, now its the worst. For all you Magna fans :p
I played the Tampa late p3 and caught a real flier late, the sequence was ;
4/5 , 5/2 , 17/1. I was figuring $200, and it comes back $783. Made for a tasty meal ;)