PDA

View Full Version : G1 Malibu Stakes 7F 12/26

bigmack
12-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Ult PP's: http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdfs/baffert_64092.pdf

Money going towards Brother D should set-up a nice price for Latent Heat, Mighnight Lute, Spring @ Last

Robert Fischer
12-25-2006, 03:19 PM
This is looking like a good race. Many of these horses are hot right now, and the 7f distance will be highly contested by both the quick routers and strong sprinters.
Brother Derek may be underlayed, then again the class and distance may fit him perfectly.

Midnight Lute, Spring at Last look very dangerous,

Can Headley have Arson Squad any sharper? I normally think of AS as wanting more distance than 7f, not sure if the morning heroics will translate into speed here?

DJofSD
12-25-2006, 04:13 PM
With nothing in the computer, eye ball scan picks Latent Heat. He appears to like the distance having broke his maiden at 7F over this same strip.

The luke warm morning line favorite at 7/2 is Brother Derek. From the works, appears to be ready to run after his mid-pack finish in the Classic. If he's ready he'll definitely be a part of the early pace and with the number one jockey in the irons, I'm sure he'll get a good ride. But I have a nagging feeling he's being targeted for the longer races in this series of races for the coming 4 year olds.

Let's see what the computer reveals.

Robert Fischer
12-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't have a big problem drawing a line through Latent Heat's last race. The surface and bias was not to his strongsuit and it also happened to favor a horse like Midnight Lute. I just never like to see an off performance like that even with a valid excuse, because it could also hide a problem with form.

I think Brother Derek or Arson Squad will have to lose this race for someone else to win it.
Of the others Spring At Last is an unknown quantity to me. Very Impressive form. Latent Heat is capable if he fires near his career best. Northern Soldier is probably my longshot here.

Im guessing Midnight Lute and Da Stoops will be underlays.

surfdog89
12-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I hope Da Stoops has matured and is coming into this race very sharp...........

keilan
12-26-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't have a big problem drawing a line through Latent Heat's last race. The surface and bias was not to his strongsuit and it also happened to favor a horse like Midnight Lute. I just never like to see an off performance like that even with a valid excuse, because it could also hide a problem with form.

I think Brother Derek or Arson Squad will have to lose this race for someone else to win it.
Of the others Spring At Last is an unknown quantity to me. Very Impressive form. Latent Heat is capable if he fires near his career best. Northern Soldier is probably my longshot here.

Im guessing Midnight Lute and Da Stoops will be underlays.

I quite like Latent Heat today but will be wagering against both Brother Derek & Arson Squad. I have those two rated as "B’s" today.

My “A’s” are Latent Heat, Midnight Lute and my longshot play Hyperbaric.

Other than your comments on Brother Derek & Arson Squad I’m in agreement with your post. Good Luck

bigmack
12-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Ult PP's:
set-up a nice price for Latent Heat, Mighnight Lute, Spring @ Last
1-2-3

Midnight Lute, Spring at Last look very dangerous,

Nice call

Robert Fischer
12-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Money going towards Brother D should set-up a nice price for Latent Heat, Mighnight Lute, Spring @ Last

:ThmbUp: You called it!

PaceAdvantage
12-28-2006, 12:26 AM
You guys certainly pegged this one....props go out to BigMack, DJofSD and Keilan for having the winner and BigMack for having the $162 exacta and $1230 trifecta in his top three!!!