PDA

View Full Version : Equidaily.com

Tom
12-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Just wathced Deep Impact's last race - wow! that guy is someting else.
There is a lot to be said for the horse that goes right to the front and says,"Come and get me!" but there is someting special about the horses that sits waaaaaay back, and when they turn for home says. "OK."
I have always loved closers ( and paid for that indulgence many times). But DI, Forgo, Sily Sullivan, those guys make turn the excitement up.

Also, I see that Roger Stein is back on the air. they have shows from Nov-Dec on his archive site. Good to see him back - his show was always appreciated.

46zilzal
12-25-2006, 02:22 PM
only problem is that they don't win all the races they should like a Forty Niner, Affirmed, Lady's Secret, or Precisionist would do...

Tom
12-25-2006, 03:24 PM
No, but 49er - not exactly what I considered an exciting horse to watch.

DJofSD
12-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Precisionist -- the only drawing of a horse that I own is of Precisionist. I remember seeing him at DMR and being so impressed by him the next time I went to SAX I bought the drawing of him while visiting the gift shop. He died just this last September. Short artilce in Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precisionist)

Another horse from the memory banks was a low level sprinter that could close like there was no tomorrow. It was Bang Bang Bang by Ack Ack.

DanG
12-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Just wathced Deep Impact's last race - wow! that guy is someting else.

==========
Couldn’t agree more Tom.

Deep Impact was one of the all time greats.