Storm Cadet
12-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Is it still dirt on main track or poly? :confused:

Ponyplayr
12-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Dirt for now.

saratoga guy
12-24-2006, 06:18 PM
The only California track that has converted -- at this point -- is Hollywood.

In fact, the only tracks -- total -- that are synthetic, to my knowledge, are: Turfway, Woodbine, Keeneland and Hollywood.

kenwoodallpromos
12-24-2006, 08:25 PM
I wonder if SoCal trainers have been holding some of their EP types for the start of this SA meet?

joeyreb
12-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Hollywood was favoring Stalker horses 3 or 4 lgths off @ E2 figure.

But, over all, it was fair. Speed horses that should have won did. (ex. Stormello)

the only time there was a Speed bias on the track when it was wet or damp

joeyreb
12-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Also at the end of the Oak Tree meet, there was precived speed bias on the main track.

I can remember Gary Stevens and a Trainer get to it on TVG, when the Trainer called it "conveyor belt". What was funny after that 2 closers and a stalker won the next 3 races on the main track.

kenwoodallpromos
12-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Also at the end of the Oak Tree meet, there was precived speed bias on the main track.

I can remember Gary Stevens and a Trainer get to it on TVG, when the Trainer called it "conveyor belt". What was funny after that 2 closers and a stalker won the next 3 races on the main track.

Cesario!
12-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Hollywood was favoring Stalker horses 3 or 4 lgths off @ E2 figure.

But, over all, it was fair. Speed horses that should have won did. (ex. Stormello)

the only time there was a Speed bias on the track when it was wet or damp

I thought Stormello was a clear example of a strong speed bias on that day.

Robert Fischer
12-26-2006, 09:45 AM
You have to avoid being misled by substandard AWT data as well.
For Example in Race 2 today (6.5 on the Turf) ABACONIAN shows three races at Lingfield. Bris PP lists "(dirt)" next to the raceName in racetype data. These were AWT races. Abaconian is a son of Danehill which pretty much makes the point moot, but if you were worrying about dirt-to-turf angles or if this race had been on the AWT this type of information is not correct.