PDA

View Full Version : Jockey Scandal

LaughAndBeMerry
12-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Rumor has it the jockey scandal is real bad and runs deep. I was told today it involves wiretaps, informants, the FBI and some jockeys (including one of those already suspended) caught on tape conspiring to fix races. I've heard it will involve 30 or more jocks before they're through and a bunch of these guys are looking at time in the greybar hotel.

kenwoodallpromos
12-22-2006, 10:46 PM
My guess is maybe those who were cashing bets at Del, Pha, and any other tracks for races at GLD were jockeys. Maybe they wanted Douglas to do that at Crc for races at TBD.

LaughAndBeMerry
12-22-2006, 10:58 PM
My guess is maybe those who were cashing bets at Del, Pha, and any other tracks for races at GLD were jockeys. Maybe they wanted Douglas to do that at Crc for races at TBD.

Not according to what I heard. I was told he is one of the ones on tape.

Supposedly there are a number of ongoing investigations and the GLD race had nothing to do with the CRC jockeys. It had nothing to do with some of the TAM jocks as well. Derek Bell for example rides at CBY, not GLD. For some reason the feds/TRB decided to make these investigations public (at least semi-public) simultaneously.

Hammerhead
12-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Genlemen and Ladies: This has been going on for the life of horse racing (Money Humans) or any line where Money Power Prestige etc. has anything to do withn the outcome. WILL BE BOUGHT or FIXED. Basic human nature Cheat to make life easier.

Tom
12-23-2006, 12:50 PM
What came of the rumor that 25 more jocks were going to get nailed Friday?

AQUEBUCKS
12-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Anybody remember Jose Amy? The fall guy who succumbed to the pressure that Cordero/Velasquez/Venezia Etc... laughed at.

Now, after all those years being banned, he is an Agent for Norberto Arroyo, Jr.

Go Figure...

JustRalph
12-23-2006, 03:46 PM

If some of the rumors are true...........then it may take until the next grand jury is convened. Somehow somebody is going to have to establish jurisdiction too........... that may take some time. This thing could take until after the KY Derby and these guys could be sitting on their rear ends until then.

point given
12-23-2006, 08:37 PM

I guess it was Graci who floated the 25 number. Maybe there should be an over/under pool ;) The count now stands at 7 + 2 + 1 = 10 current jocks ruled off at TBD, Calder, Philly.

Show Me the Wire
12-23-2006, 08:54 PM
The total amount of jocks rumored to be involved is 25. JJ did not say an additional 25.

kenwoodallpromos
12-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Did only 1 go to Laurel?

point given
12-24-2006, 02:55 PM
The total amount of jocks rumored to be involved is 25. JJ did not say an additional 25.

Correctomondo, i didnot mean to suggest otherwise. He made a guesstomat of 25, where he came up with this number, we shall never know. It's like someone guessing what the trifecta will return , not an accurate barometer of the correct number. How can someone even say such a thing. :confused: