PDA

View Full Version : who keeps messin' w/ my Favorites list?

JPinMaryland
12-22-2006, 03:42 PM
it seems like every so often I go to my favorites and their all back in alphabetical order, I want horse racing folder at the top and I put it up there and then a day or two later it's back in alpha order...I dont think its spyware as I cleaned out all these about 3 or 4 days ago and dont have any other problems. Is there soem sort of default when I close the window or something ? thx.

banacek
12-22-2006, 04:47 PM
I had the same problem - the only thing I could think of was I had just installed the Google tool bar:confused:

ELA
12-22-2006, 05:13 PM
The same exact thing was happening to me so I start asking my tech guys why, how to stop it, etc. I don't know the real or actual answer, but, my tech guys told me that after you add another website to your favorites -- there are a few options when you are doing this -- if you do it one way, instead of another (create in new folder vs. add to favorites, or something like this) then there is some default to go alphabetical.

I doubt I still have the specifics and personally I am lucky I can turn the coputer on and off. I still have trouble with that sometimes, LOL.

Eric

robert99
12-22-2006, 07:15 PM
You can add a series of "a"s to your folder names so "aHorse_Racing" is now the first in the list.

michiken
12-22-2006, 08:47 PM
You can add a series of "a"s to your folder names so "aHorse_Racing" is now the first in the list.

Do the samething with and underscore '_' or with a number i,e. 0Horse_Racing will assure them sorting at the top of the list.....

JPinMaryland
12-22-2006, 11:17 PM
oh so I'm not just imagining things? That's good to know. You know it does seem to happen right after I add a new folder or a new link. I keep having to add folders w/ one link in them because I keep adding these links that are like: AllInOneWebsite.com and then I find another page on the same site and if I try to add it, the program will overwrite the original link! Dammit, keep that link and another link from the same site, the only work around was to keep adding more and more folders to hold one link....

Yes on the aaaaHorse site. I used to do that on the mac. I guess I can do that again. THought there might be some work around here.

Hosshead
12-23-2006, 06:23 AM
it seems like every so often I go to my favorites and their all back in alphabetical order, ...I dont think its spyware as I cleaned out all these about 3 or 4 days ago .
You didn't run CrapCleaner did you ? - That would do it.

JustRalph
12-23-2006, 06:37 AM

this is what I have been doing for a few years now.........