PDA

View Full Version : Q: google and proximity indicators

JPinMaryland
12-22-2006, 02:15 PM
THis is cross posted from the thread on google toolbar...

Question: can I do a google seearch using proximity indicators, e.g. "w/in 3" ? Say I want to find "Beyer" used in the same sentence or the same paragraph as "speed figures." can I do this w/ google?

Perhaps this is obvious but I did not see it the last time I went through the help stuff.

Suff
12-22-2006, 05:56 PM
THis is cross posted from the thread on google toolbar...

Question: can I do a google seearch using proximity indicators, e.g. "w/in 3" ? Say I want to find "Beyer" used in the same sentence or the same paragraph as "speed figures." can I do this w/ google?

Perhaps this is obvious but I did not see it the last time I went through the help stuff.

Do a Google search , then scroll down the bottom of your returned results , and just under the dialoge box, on the left is "search within results"

Use the most descriptive search string first. For example if your looking for Speed figure and Beyer in the same web page.....search speed figure first.

You'll get 40,000 returned, then search within results for Beyer. Beyer gives you everything from icecream to to anything beyer

michiken
12-22-2006, 08:59 PM
If you use Mozilla Firefox as your browser you can hit Ctrl-F which brings up a search box at the bottom. It can allow you to scan pages with relative ease.

douglasw32
12-22-2006, 09:27 PM
http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

JPinMaryland
12-22-2006, 11:21 PM
thx for all that.