PDA

View Full Version : Responses to Harry Reid's latest blog entry...comedy at its finest...

PaceAdvantage
12-20-2006, 04:13 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sen-harry-reid/the-clock-is-ticking-mr_b_36752.html

I ache from laughter after reading these responses. I hate to use the "Kool-Aid" cliche, but it is so appropriate while reading all the replies to Senator Reid's blog....

It's so sad that Americans as a whole suffer from such a severe case of "immediate gratification syndrome" that they stare in amazement when confronted with the reality that we still have troops in Iraq a whole THREE YEARS after the invasion.

Meanwhile, we still have troops in S. Korea 50+ years after the ceasefire. I won't go into all the other places we STILL have troops years after the end of major combat.

It's mind boggling to me how different some people are from each other on issues such as this one.

Secretariat
12-20-2006, 05:57 PM
You missed stating "troops being attacked on a daily basis in Iraq" as opposed to S. Korea or Germany.

If the election said anything, it said people have had enough with the Iraq Civil War.

Tom
12-20-2006, 06:55 PM
You missed stating "troops being attacked on a daily basis in Iraq" as opposed to S. Korea or Germany.

If the election said anything, it said people have had enough with the Iraq Civil War.

Hold the phone, I thought the polls said the people we fed up with the culture of corruption.

PA, yes, Dingy Harry is a circus clown at best - a total failure and dim wit. He makes Pelosi look much smarter than she really is.

That blog just shows he knows absolutley NOTHING abut the middle east.
He just might pass Kerry as biggest fool on the hill.

JustRalph
12-20-2006, 10:25 PM

Mostly what that election said was that Repubs are sick of the mealy mouthed pieces of shit who are afraid to pull the trigger and do things right. This is why many stayed home.

I can't believe the Dems are running around taking credit for winning that election? they should be thanking the repubs for losing it...........

If the Repubs had any balls they would put an end to this masquerade of so called Conservative Republicans and take the walk up the hill and tell Mr. Bush he has to go.

Step 1. Dick Cheney resigns on March 1st.

Step 2. Get Fred Thompson sworn in as Vice President by May 1st

Step 3. G.W. Resigns on July 1st

Step 4. Thompson Designates Rudy G. as Vice President and he is sworn in as soon as possible.

Step 5. Thompson sends Rudy to the Middle East and begins to gain the support of the few friends we have left. By October 1st Every Syrian and Iranian is out of Iraq or they go to prison. We start hunting them down like dogs. By the end of the year we appoint a new governor of Iraq. From the U.S. or Great Brittain. We also give the Iranians a deadline for stopping the Nuke bullshit.

Step. 6 Fred Thompson and Rudy begin their campaign for re-election. The Conservatives might not like Rudy, but Thompson drags them kicking and screaming into his world view.

Now that scenario should scare the shit out of Dem/Libs. Thompson could win in a landslide if he wanted. And he would be president for ten years. If Rudy doesn't play ball.......F#$k him. There are a few other good candidates. And there is no way Rudy gets elected if Thompson is in the race.

relax Sec. It won't ever happen. :bang:

JPinMaryland
12-20-2006, 11:16 PM
I think Tom's plan to Nuke Bagdad is simpler.

JPinMaryland
12-20-2006, 11:19 PM
It's so sad that Americans as a whole suffer from such a severe case of "immediate gratification syndrome" that they stare in amazement when confronted with the reality that we still have troops in Iraq a whole THREE YEARS after the invasion....

You ought to think about this some more. Who gave Americans the idea that the war would be over quickly? Didnt Bush himself when he proclaimed "mission accomplished?" Or Cheyney when he said that the people would greet us as liberators? Or what about Rumsfeld when he said "6 days or 6 weeks?" They all laid that impression on the country.

Then you turn it around and complain about American's lack of will, that's really something.

PaceAdvantage
12-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Actually, what I remember is Bush stating time and time again that this was going to be something that would be drawn out over MANY, MANY years.....this "War on Terror"

You don't remember that? I sure do....you guys just remember the "Mission Accomplished" sign. I remember that as well, but I also remember that with the fall of Baghdad and the capture of Saddam Hussein, the mission was essentially accomplished. What happened next, this "extended mop-up" tour and emergence of insurgents was not expected to have as much an impact.

Things change in a war scenario...the unexpected happens. The world does not operate in a predictable fashion, and knee-jerk reactions never accomplish anything. And when I state "knee-jerk," I'm talking about BOTH "Mission Accomplished" and this current rush to pull troops out of Iraq no matter the cost.

JustRalph
12-21-2006, 02:38 AM
I think Tom's plan to Nuke Bagdad is simpler.

and more likely

JPinMaryland
12-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Indeed Ralph. NOw that I think it out more, couldnt they just go with a dirty bomb and leave the structures intact? Some of those mosques could be put to good use as hospitals or as corporate HQs for Walmart, etc.

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm disappointed my reply did not generate anymore discussion....

NoDayJob
12-23-2006, 12:06 AM
PA,

I went to Korea as a teen ager in 1950 and we're still there. I bet we'll still be in Iraq in 2052. Sorry, I won't be around to collect the bet. :lol:

Tom
12-23-2006, 01:18 PM
PA, I agree it was supposed to be a long, long affair, and we would not be privy everything being done out of nessecity, but I also expected some, uh, RESULTS!

Here is where I stop supporting out mission in Iraq, no matter how bad that is - this scenario: Our troops are onpatrol in a small vehicle, and get blasted by a roadside bomb. Their vehicle flips over, and they come under sniper fire from the second floor of a nearby building. Sicne they cannot clearly see and identigy thie sniper, they are forbiden to shoot back!

Huh?????

American soldiers, in a battlefiedl, under fire, not allowed to shoot back?

In the WWII days, we would have called in air support and destroyed the friiggin neighborhood.

I will not support morons who run a war like this. And if we are afraidn to wage war, we have no business there, and should leave immediatley. I mean TODAY. Bush and the joint chiefs have thrown our troops to the lions and refused to back them up. Now, the arae charging some with MURDER???

Give me a break, Bush is toast, he is bad for Ameican, he is a loser. He has destroyed this country. He has left it a shell of a nation with no brains, no ball, no respect., We are no longer a graet nation. We are an embarrassment to our founding fathers. RIP America.

Oh and where the hell is Bin Laden? Bottom line, OBL is a superior leader, thinker, and startegest. he makes Bush look like the fool that he is.

The only hoep for us now is iff a meteor hits DC and takes out the REAL terroists - our miltary leadership. God Damn the joint chiefs to hell.
We need a Nuremburg here.

PaceAdvantage
12-23-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, I asked for more discussion, and I got what I asked for....

bin Laden a superior leader? Not bloody likely. How exactly do you come to that conclusion?

Tom
12-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Well, I asked for more discussion, and I got what I asked for....

bin Laden a superior leader? Not bloody likely. How exactly do you come to that conclusion?

He has people all over the world still following his ideas, Bush has everyone turning away from him. His approval ratings in everything are dropping.
Most people no longer view him as a good leader. People are willing to die for OBL's jihad, but over here, people are bailing on Bush.
It is obvious to me, at least, we cannot fight terror with Bush at the helm. Andn if we can't fight, we can't win. So it is time for us to put up or shut up and sit down. I fear we have already lost the war on terror. Bush has laid the groundwork for lib government - we might as well attack ourselves now.

BIG RED
12-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Mostly what that election said was that Repubs are sick of the mealy mouthed pieces of shit who are afraid to pull the trigger and do things right. This is why many stayed home.

I can't believe the Dems are running around taking credit for winning that election? they should be thanking the repubs for losing it...........

If the Repubs had any balls they would put an end to this masquerade of so called Conservative Republicans and take the walk up the hill and tell Mr. Bush he has to go.

Step 4. Thompson Designates Rudy G. as Vice President and he is sworn in as soon as possible.

Step 5. Thompson sends Rudy to the Middle East and begins to gain the support of the few friends we have left. By October 1st Every Syrian and Iranian is out of Iraq or they go to prison. We start hunting them down like dogs. By the end of the year we appoint a new governor of Iraq. From the U.S. or Great Brittain. We also give the Iranians a deadline for stopping the Nuke bullshit.

Step. 6 Fred Thompson and Rudy begin their campaign for re-election. The Conservatives might not like Rudy, but Thompson drags them kicking and screaming into his world view.

Now that scenario should scare the shit out of Dem/Libs. Thompson could win in a landslide if he wanted. And he would be president for ten years. If Rudy doesn't play ball.......F#$k him. There are a few other good candidates. And there is no way Rudy gets elected if Thompson is in the race.

I always read you guys in off topic and try to stay out of the convo', but I would like to say, I agree Ralph, I've always liked Thompson.

Suff
12-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Meanwhile, we still have troops in S. Korea 50+ years after the ceasefire. I won't go into all the other places we STILL have troops years after the end of major combat.

It's mind boggling to me how different some people are from each other on issues such as this one.

Your comparing apples and oranges. We've had troops in Korea since WWII. Korea surrendered with Japan. In a deal with our allie (USSR) we split it. Russia also won WWII. The Soviets actually marched on Berlin. It was the Red Army that moved in on Hitlers bunker when he committed suicide. They took the body.

But thats not my point. We've had troops in Japan and Germany since 1944. How is that comparable to the dynamics of Iraq? The US Troops are on the other side of the DMZ im Korea. (demilitarized zone). In Iraq, our guys are in the middle of a civil war. While supporting both sides in an odd odd dynamic.

Sunni's are AL Queda correct? If we got out of the way, then Al Sadr's shiite miltia's would wipe out Sunni's inside of 90 days. Why are we getting in the way of that?

DaveP
12-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I dont know why Bush/Blair invaded Iraq .. they said it was because they had weapons of mass destruction which turned out to be a big fat lie.

al-Qaeda, the organisation blamed for the attacks on the US, were also committed to bringing down Saddam Hussien. al-Qaeda are in fact Wahhabists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism) and are funded by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The followers of Wahhab are what you and I would call Jihadists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad). This is the Taliban (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban) which was funded and organised in Pakistan by the CIA to fight the USSR in Afghanistan, through radicalising Madrasah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrasah) during the 80's.

Maybe, dim George looked at the map and pointed at the wrong country when they asked him, 'who shall we invade?' He is a bit of a dimwit after all.

Muslims make up 20% of the worlds population and 90% of them are Sunnis .. from Indonesia to Morocco. 10% of them are Shia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiite). The Shia are mainly in Iran, Southern Iraq, Lebannon and Syria .. these people are not Jihadist, but are Anti-Western, which is okay.

There is no simple way out of Iraq, there are no good guys / bad guys .. the good guys hate us as much as the bad guys, its not black and white / cowboys and indians .. just one big mess and we made it!

As I type this up my nephew is in Basra. I just hope and pray he honours himself and keeps safe.

skate
12-23-2006, 10:18 PM
well, why would someone pick Thompson, if i have the right person, hes out of the picture and ive not heard about his interest in running.

i figure i should know more about him.

skate
12-23-2006, 10:33 PM
well, again, it sure is nice (with Iran and N Korea) to have the worst of them (saddam ) out of the picture.

and as far as soldiers being killed, never good, but they are aalso being killed right here in the USA, this is also Not good.

this war has lots fewer casualties than any other War we've been involved with, cept the Czechoslovak killings, now what was that about?????

we've got the BS from the Media, and people suck it up because they do not know any difference.

"out of the box"

PaceAdvantage
12-25-2006, 02:50 AM
I dont know why Bush/Blair invaded Iraq .. they said it was because they had weapons of mass destruction which turned out to be a big fat lie.

Can I please, PLEASE have someone give me definitive proof that it was a big fat LIE and not simply faulty intel?

You guys act as if NO OTHER ADMINISTRATION IN HISTORY HAS MADE A DECISION BASED ON BAD INTEL.....but only in this case, it's a big fat lie, right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THIS is the major problem I have with this kind of "dissenting opinion." The rhetoric always gets turned up 200% when it comes to GWB....frightening....especially when you accuse the other side of doing the exact same thing.

PaceAdvantage
12-25-2006, 02:52 AM
There is no simple way out of Iraq, there are no good guys / bad guys .. the good guys hate us as much as the bad guys, its not black and white / cowboys and indians .. just one big mess and we made it!

Not according to the troops on the ground that I've heard speak (then again, I heard them speak on the FOX network, so I suppose that doesn't count).

JustRalph
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM

Hmmm........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17842431/

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Art/COVER/070328/stg_070328_thompson_cvr_11p.tsm368x178.jpg