PDA

View Full Version : Wrightisms

bigmack
12-18-2006, 03:06 PM
http://www.stevenwright.com/a_word/images/sw04.jpg

He's got some beauts:

If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?

There's a pizza place near where I live that sells only slices. In the back you can see a guy tossing a triangle in the air.

How do you get off of a non-stop flight?

Women should put a picture of their missing husbands on beer cans.

Is "tired old cliche" one?

How did a fool and his money get together in the first place?

If a mute kid swears,should his mother wash his hands with soap?

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Was it somebody's cruel idea to put an "S" in the word "LISP" ?

My dental hygienist is cute. Every time I visit, I eat a whole package of Oreo cookies while I'm in the waiting room. Sometimes she has to cancel the rest of the afternoon's appointments.

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

Is it true cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

In Vegas, I got into a long argument with the man at the roulette wheel over what I considered to be an odd number.

I'd like to sing you a song now about my old girlfriend. It's called, 'They'll Find Her When the Leaves Blow Away' 'Cause I'm Not Raking 'Til Spring.'

Since Americans throw rice at weddings, do Asians throw hamburgers?

Why isn't the word, 'phonetically'spelled with an ' f '?

If blind people wear dark glasses, why don't deaf people wear earmuffs?

My grandfather likes to give me advise, but he's a little forgetful. One day, he took me aside and left me there.

Why don't they just make mouse flavored cat food?

If you are killing time, are you damaging eternity?

The other day, I went to a tourist information booth and asked,"Tell me about some of the people who were here last year".

I went to a restaurant that serves 'Breakfast At Any Time.' So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.

I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

My friend got arrested for counterfeiting. He was making pennies.They caught him because he was putting the heads and tails on the wrong sides.

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.

Why doesn't the fattest man in the world become a hockey goalie?

How do you write zero in Roman Numerals?

Why are there braille dots on the keypads at drive up ATMs?

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

Many people quit looking for work when they find a job.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.

If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route.

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

Dan Montilion
12-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Another...

Lost a $50 bill. I printed up a reward sign that said "Lost $50 bill if found, just keep it."

Bathless
12-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Two of my favorites from one of the few truly clever comedians left:

I plan to live forever. So far, so good.

I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of widths.

Tom
12-18-2006, 06:55 PM
I bought instant water. What do I add?

I made instant coffe in a microwave and went back in time.

I went to the corner drugstore, and the guy was cloing for the night. I said your sign says OPEN 24 HOURS. He said, Not in a ROW!

Bathless
12-18-2006, 07:06 PM
mack, you pasted the Rutgers fight song a few weeks ago. Are you a Rutgers man or just peculiar :D ? Or both ? :D :D

If so, how did you wind up in CA ? :confused: Camden is more likely.

bigmack
12-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Are you a Rutgers man or just peculiar
I don't know about peculiar Bath, more oddballish if you will. I was University of Chicago. A pilot friend of mine is Rutgers and he'll start whistling that kooky song when he has a formidable hand in poker. We all fold as a result. Funny he doesn't get by now that "we're on to him"

http://wtv-zone.com/caseman/3/ani2/cool_5.gif

PlanB
12-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Another...

Lost a $50 bill. I printed up a reward sign that said "Lost $50 bill if found, just keep it."

LOL. Great, I plan on stealing that one.

JPinMaryland
12-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Why is Stephen Wright....so wrong?

Bathless
12-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I was University of Chicago.

One of my HS classmates went to Chicago. I believe he taught there a while and they named a theater after him -- Frank Kinahan. He might be deceased.

Very bright guy....

Bathless
12-19-2006, 04:39 PM
A pilot friend of mine is Rutgers and he'll start whistling that kooky song when he has a formidable hand in poker. We all fold as a result. Funny he doesn't get by now that "we're on to him"

Figures. Rutgers....;)

Dave Schwartz
12-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Does this guy (Wright) know that he is the re-incarnation of (the not-dead-yet) George Carlin?

"Let's discuss the word 'moment.'... There it goes."

Dave

Bathless
12-19-2006, 06:56 PM
http://www.stevenwright.com/images/spacer.gif

Steven Wright Biography

I was born. When I was 23 I started telling jokes. Then I started going on television and doing films. That's still what I am doing. The end.

Books by Steven Wright
The following is a list of books written by Steven Wright that are available nowhere:

Phyllis and Her Eyelids: The story of a man living in a semi-parallel universe who is arrested for inventing hockey.
The Rats and The Scum: History of politicians.
The Slut and The Monkey: The history of marriage.
Skip the Wonder Horse: Set in the late 1600's in Holland. The story of a homosexual race horse that can see into the future.
The Chinese Envelope: Set during the Ming Dynasty. The story of an all-girl school made entirely of mirrors.
Daddy's Under My Bed: The story of a 90 year old still-born butler who's in love with his own shadow.
Freud: The story of an insane old man with way too much influence.
Jesus and Santa Claus: The story of two middleweight boxers in Berlin in the early 1900's.
The Carnival Man: The history of the world if time didn't exist.
Pretty Girls: The story of the end of all civilizations and why evolution is a mistake.
Stanley and the Magic Penny: Hitler's life story if he'd never been born, seen through the eyes of Dorothy Hamill.
The Tall Blue Cloud: The story of a Cajun menu that tries to take over the world.