PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need some monitors?

Suff
12-18-2006, 12:08 AM
This is my ad on craigslist.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/sys/250408432.html

njcurveball
12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Unless they are flat panel, Monitors have become like Refrigerators. You can get a great deal, but then the shipping costs take away all the spice.

How much do you have to pay to ship one of these Dinosaurs?

17 inch flat panels are less than $200 these days and that is retail.

Tough market!

BIG RED
12-18-2006, 03:42 PM
AhhHemm...where did you 'get' forty monitors still in boxes?

:cool: :lol: :cool:

Suff
12-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Unless they are flat panel, Monitors have become like Refrigerators. You can get a great deal, but then the shipping costs take away all the spice.

How much do you have to pay to ship one of these Dinosaurs?

17 inch flat panels are less than $200 these days and that is retail.

Tough market!

I know, I'm stuck with them. I did someone a favor. They own a business that moved on December 1 and they simaltanously upgraded to flat panels. The office building wanted to charge them to put them in the dumpster. I agreed to come by and take them off thier hands in exchange for a few things I wanted. I got 6 beautiful executive chairs $800 a piece. I kept two, and gave 4 to friends.

I got a few computers, dell optiplex170's towers. I got some nice rolling end tables used in confernce rooms, and a few high end desk lamps,

I threw the monitors in the pool house of a friend and they are sitting there doing nothing,,,, so I need to move them,

They are nice. If anyone wants one in the Boston area, just PM me and I'll arrange for you to get as many as you want. No charge.

I'm just trying to unload them. If someone offered me $500 for all 40 they'd be gone tommorrow.

44PACE
12-18-2006, 04:27 PM
If you just want to unload them keep an eye out for when your nieghborhood takes electronic recycling, for $40 you can unload a lot of this type of junk.

njcurveball
12-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Is there a way you can contact local education?

If you could bring them the monitors and get a tax deduction for $100 each, that would be sweet!

Sounds like you got a lot of good stuff, so it was worth it!

Maybe you can call the local news and have the Japanese pitcher work out by smashing them? Then you can sell them on Ebay as collectibles. ;-)

Jim

spilparc
12-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I know, I'm stuck with them. I did someone a favor. They own a business that moved on December 1 and they simaltanously upgraded to flat panels. The office building wanted to charge them to put them in the dumpster. I agreed to come by and take them off thier hands in exchange for a few things I wanted. I got 6 beautiful executive chairs $800 a piece. I kept two, and gave 4 to friends.

I got a few computers, dell optiplex170's towers. I got some nice rolling end tables used in confernce rooms, and a few high end desk lamps,

I threw the monitors in the pool house of a friend and they are sitting there doing nothing,,,, so I need to move them,

They are nice. If anyone wants one in the Boston area, just PM me and I'll arrange for you to get as many as you want. No charge.

I'm just trying to unload them. If someone offered me $500 for all 40 they'd be gone tommorrow.

Local colleges will take them off of your hands. Also recycling them can be expensive. We had to PAY to get rid of things like TVs, monitors etc.

Contact your local community college. People donate computers and monitors all the time, and they use them in their computer repair classes.

You could also try an ad in your local PC recycle magazine or those little booklets that people sell stuff in. [The name escapes me.]

Where I live there is a guy who has a computer shop and he buys all of this kind of stuff. It's called PC Recycle actually. There must be a bunch of them in the Boston area.

BIG RED
12-18-2006, 05:12 PM
I would also say the BPL, libraries, though I think Gates donated all flat panels to them, worth a call.