PDA

View Full Version : 2005 census data released this week.

Suff
12-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Whats interesting and changing in America?

America is 16% immigrant. Up from 12.4% As a %, NH and Indiania saw the most growth.

Poeple 65 and older make up 12.1% in 2005....its down from 12.4 in 2000 and 12.8 in 1998
New York city

Non-hispanic whites are now minority in NYC

The numbers of blacks in NYC declined for the first time since the Civil war

50% of homes in Brooklyn report not speaking English in the home.

NY ranked 4th out of the largest 50 cities with % of citizens with a Bachelors degree , 32% up from 26%, San Fransico was number one with 36%
Nationally, 30% of white Americans hold bachelors degrees, 17% of blacks and 12% of hispanics.

Median Incomes

$50,622 white households
$36,278 for Hispanic households
$30,939 for black households,
$60,367 for Asian households

Americans drank 10 times the amount of bottled water as they did in 1980. 23 bottles per person.
Americans spent about eight-and-a-half hours a day — watching television, using computers, listening to the radio, going to the movies or reading.
6% of men and 11% of women report same sex relationships

Adolescents and adults now spend, on average, more than 64 days a year watching television,
41 days listening to the radio and a little over a week using the Internet.
Among adults, 97 million Internet users sought news online last year,
92 million bought a product on line
91 million made a travel reservation on line
16 million used a social or professional networking site on line(paceadvantage anyone?:D )
13 million created a blog on line
Suff Editorial:
These numbers make Time magazines choice as YOU more understandable. People have caused social and economic changes that have not been altered this significantly or this rapidly at anytime in human history. In 10 years people have changed more than in a 1000 years previously.

Here is the Link to the Statistical abstacts for just about any thing you want to know about your county.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/

There are some very cool and interesting things here. If your into shit like this, which, I am.

Bookmark it. Its facts.

kenwoodallpromos
12-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Female same sex is most intertesting increase stat.

bigmack
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
13 million created a blog on line
We just need to cut that down by 1/10,000th and the country would be "right as rain" Thanks for the post, I like to know who my neighbors are.

linrom1
12-17-2006, 07:29 PM
# 13 million created a blog on line

That number cannot be correct! One would have to read 3500+blogs per day for the next 10 years to read them all.

Suff
12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
That number cannot be correct! One would have to read 3500+blogs per day for the next 10 years to read them all.

Actually its conservative. Reports are there are 100 million blogs worldwide.

We're talking Myspace and other community based.

All though impossible to calculate there are 4 million on LiveJournal and 3 million on AOL and other User space sites. Reports are that Myspaces hosts 20 million people and growing.

Suff
12-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Here are the hard numbers. Click this link

http://www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/07statab/infocomm.pdf

Scroll down to page 20, table 1139 using the navigation menu on the left.

see bottom entry on the left.

"Created blog" sept 2005. 13 million.

Other good numbers there. Worthy read

so.cal.fan
12-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks, like you, I love this stuff. Very interesting!
:ThmbUp:

Suff
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks, like you, I love this stuff. Very interesting!
:ThmbUp:

I agree. I enjoy this sort of stuff. :D Probably makes us both a little odd.

Here's America's habits surrounding Horse racing....broken down by flats and trotters.

Slightly less than 1.3 Million Americans report attending flats once a month or more.
That represents 0.6 percent of total population
745,000 attend trotters 1x+ a month , representing 0.4

3.8 million report attending flats less than once per month. That reprsents 3.8% of the population.
1.5 Million attend trotters less than one time per month. 0.7%

To put those numbers into a picture......I'll make two comparisons....

Straight up on the numbers ----Horse racing is nearly identical with attendance at Bowling, Boxing and Rodeo/bull riding......:ThmbDown:

But as remote or lightly attended those events are......Horse racing has similar and comparitively as good as numbers as Golf!:ThmbUp: And Golf is a sport with an entirley different economic dynamic than horse racing.

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/07s1224.xls

food for thought. Is it purley marketing? Or because golf has a PGA.

A PGA that acts in the role that Tim Smith and NTRA were supposed to develop. ( and failed....now he wants NYRA)

Tom
12-18-2006, 06:48 PM
I always lie. Scew them.
And just because 13 million start blogs doesn't mean they keep them up to date. Like one poster here, who shall remain nameless.:mad::bang: