PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming: Blame the Cows

Dave Schwartz
12-16-2006, 06:05 PM
http://abcnews.go.com:80/Technology/GlobalWarming/story?id=2723201&page=1

And you thought those farm-country guys were so green...

JustRalph
12-16-2006, 09:05 PM
I was wondering when somebody was going to post something about this.

This report says that livestock puts out more harmful gases than all the cars in the world.

No comment from the Gore supporters? Are we going to start shooting cows now?

schweitz
12-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Trees produce 33% of world's methane.

www.carbon-info.org/carbonnews_028.htm

Dave Schwartz
12-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Trees produce 33% of world's methane.

'Course they also produce the oxygen...

46zilzal
12-17-2006, 01:16 AM
science is often wasted

dylbert
12-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Yes, trees do produce methane... they have since beginning of time. It is man-made sources such as garbage that increase amount of methane in atmosphere.

Trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen. I think that was 3rd grade science lesson... So, beware of voodoo scientists who flash one out-of-context fact and represent it as Nobel laurate scientific finding.

I work in electric utility industry. My employer has worked diligently reclaiming marginal farm acreage and planting it with trees. Also, it serves as stewardship for teaching kids about environment. Carbon sequestration is good thing. We have worked with local governments to increase urban landscape, too.

I will close with my favorite mind-blowing environmental fact... Mount St. Helens in less than 24 hours produced over 1 million tons of sulfur dioxide emissions -- today, the entire industry produces about 5 million tons of sulfur dioxide annually. Mount Pinatubo in Phillipines topped Mt. St. Helens and Krakatoau eruptions...

46zilzal
12-17-2006, 12:41 PM
I always wonder if this concept had been originated in some Republican think tank how it would be viewed.

DJofSD
12-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Don't worry about if it's a republican conspiracy. It'll all be irrelevant when the religion of peace has finished it's plan for world wide conquest. They'll completely do away with anything like environmental studies and most scientific inquiries. About the only thing that'll be kept will be the astronomers.

46zilzal
12-17-2006, 01:45 PM
I would be a bit more concerned about China than any other country on earth right now. They are beginning to OWN commerce on this planet.

DJofSD
12-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Islam has no national affiliation. Religious fervor will over come any economic activities. Were heading for another Dark Age.

46zilzal
12-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Islam has no national affiliation. Religious fervor will over come any economic activities. Were heading for another Dark Age.
guys in pick up trucks .....hmm interesting concept as opposed to a HUGE standing army in China with all kinds of long range military capabilities.......How imaginative.

kenwoodallpromos
12-17-2006, 02:18 PM
guys in pick up trucks .....hmm interesting concept as opposed to a HUGE standing army in China with all kinds of long range military capabilities.......How imaginative.
_________
You figure Bush would know how to fight them since he is from then South!LOL!!

bigmack
12-17-2006, 02:28 PM
You combine cars with cows & you've got a real situation. Methane central.

http://www.lolcars.com/images/there-is-a-cow-in-my-car.jpg