PDA

View Full Version : HOL 12/16/2006 - 6th 8.5F turf

DJofSD
12-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Will the rain hit before or after this race -- likely my last bet of the meeting.

The ML favorite looks legitimate and the early pace scenario looks pretty intense. Play Terroplane as a prime bet for the win; tab the tote for exactas with Stormin Away. Clipperdown could very well out run his odds and deserves a consideration for a show bet and/or a smaller exacta with Terroplane.

Hunch bet: exacta box Stormin Away with Terrific Storm -- a play on the current weather here on the left coast.

Truly A Judge has been scratched.

Noel!

bigmack
12-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I think it's still off the coast

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_lax_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

Keying Wwwwwhilly

DJofSD
12-16-2006, 04:02 PM
bigmack -- I've been tracking it watching both Accuweather and the NOAA NWS. There's been a few bands of precip but the largest part is still off the coast of Santa Barbara.

I'm hoping that even if it does start to come down at HOL, they'll leave the 6th on the grass.

BIG RED
12-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Looks like drizzle now

bigmack
12-16-2006, 04:37 PM
bigmack -- I've been tracking it watching both Accuweather and the NOAA NWS. There's been a few bands of precip but the largest part is still off the coast of Santa Barbara.

I'm hoping that even if it does start to come down at HOL, they'll leave the 6th on the grass.
Yeah, I think this race will be a good one as well as the Stakes on Sunday.
Just Skyped a buddy in Santa Barbara, says this cell looks like a doozie.

bigmack
12-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Nice late run by Stormin Away

DJofSD
12-16-2006, 11:21 PM
My pick ran like a dog -- 15 lengths or so off the leader at the 1/2 mile pole.

Clipperdown got the show via a DQ.

Now, time to wait for the annual Christmas present the day after Christmas. It'll be interesting to see how horse fare going from an all weather surface to real dirt. Probably will cause massive confusion like when horses leave HOL for DMR.