PDA

View Full Version : Al Stanley Harness Handicapping Products

trying2win
12-15-2006, 07:18 PM
I get emails and private messages sent my way now and then, because of my previous threads on Al Stanley's harness handicapping products. Someone asked me something like...What are Al Stanley's most profitable methods? Sorry, I'm not about to divulge that for obvious reasons. That would give away some of the edge on betting the harness races. What I will say is:

1. I've been a customer of Al Stanley's harness handicapping products for over 20 years now.

2. Most of the angles Al Stanley has written about in his various books over the years don't work anymore.

3. However, in my experience there are about a half dozen Al Stanley harness handicapping angles that have been profitable long term. A couple of them have been so for about 20 years or more.

4. Al Stanley used a quote in one of his books one time 'PRICE IS PARAMOUNT'. So true. Because of this rule, the actual bettable plays don't come up that often. One must have the "patience of Job" goes the old saying to make these spot plays profitable in the long run.

5. I can attest to the success of these small group of angles at the major tracks like WOODBINE, MOHAWK, THE MEADOWLANDS, and BALMORAL Even then, I usually like just looking for the spot plays on Friday and Saturdays, when the best race cards are run.

6. I usually don't bother playing Al Stanley's harness angles at harness ovals less than 7/8 of a mile.

7. I've found the best way to bet them is in a win/place combination.

--Although I won't divulge the small quantity of Al Stanley angles I personally look for, in my opinion the best Al Stanley harness books etc.to buy are:

--AL STANLEY'S HARNESS HANDICAPPING NEWSLETTERS

--AL STANLEY'S PROFESSIONAL METHOD (1991 Edition)

--AL STANLEY'S BLUE CHIP STRATEGIES

Anyone interested in contacting Al Stanley, just send me a P.M. and I can send you his address and/or phone number for further information on his products available.

One further note, the book AL STANLEY'S PROFESSIONAL METHOD (1991 Edition) might be out-of-print. Al Stanley might still have the odd copy around though. I still have my copy. Might be a collector's item now. Maybe I should try and sell it on ebay.

T2W

Tom
12-16-2006, 10:47 AM
I understand your positon.
How about divulging all the ones that you don't use anymore? :rolleyes:;)

TimesTheyRAChangin
12-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I understand your positon.
How about divulging all the ones that you don't use anymore? :rolleyes:;)

Ha!Ha!I guess you're a lot brighter than you look?
TTRAC

wilderness
12-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Here's some more outdated books

http://www.mi-harness.com/BettinS/Books.html

Bala
12-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Best book I have ever read and reread:
PROFESSIONAL HARNESS BETTING by Barry Meadow. It is still a must read!
Every issue of his newsletter in the '90's was spectacular.

Most overrated author;
Igor Kusyshyn.

ROOSEVELT RACEWAY (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/sgtjeff/rr.html) -- they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

andicap
12-18-2006, 09:08 PM
go to kimstarr.org and read everything Steve Markoff has written on the site -- now THAT's a harness racing education. Lots of the stuff I'm doing with the t-breds involving energy are sort of applicable to harness racing.

melman
12-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Right you are Andi a very very good site for anyone interested in harness racing and is willing to spend so time and effort. BTW Mr Markoff is as up to date as you can get he is still driving some stock at various tracks on the east coast. For current day harness racing handicapping it's him and Bob Pandolfo.

traynor
01-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Best book I have ever read and reread:
PROFESSIONAL HARNESS BETTING by Barry Meadow. It is still a must read!
Every issue of his newsletter in the '90's was spectacular.

Most overrated author;
Igor Kusyshyn.

ROOSEVELT RACEWAY (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/sgtjeff/rr.html) -- they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

Most overrated harness author: Steve Chaplin He convinced a whole generation of bettors that harness races were impossible to beat, never realizing he was providing an excuse for those too lazy to do what it takes to win.

I disagree about Kusyshyn. A LOT of people made money with his point counts for a lot of years.
Good Luck

trotter2229
11-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I have recently spoken to Al Stanley and he is doing well and in fact still playing many of his angles to make a living even today.

We are working with Al and publishing many of his techniques in our blog http://mutuelsonline.wordpress.com

Some if his theories are not as effective today but most of his angles still hold true.

We publish something new everyday and will be publishing his newsletters as well.

Everyone can learn from Al like I did 30 years ago at his seminars.

pandy
11-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Glad to hear Al is doing well, he is a harness handicapping legend, great stuff.

Sea Biscuit
11-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Most of Al Stanley's angles are contained in his newsletters. All 63 of them and they can be downloaded free at the Clocker's website.

teddy
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
One hot play of his is a horse that was 6th or worse at the three qtrs and ended up 4th only. I have seen that play hit time and again, but it gets bet hard alot.

CheckMark
05-19-2020, 07:03 PM
Most of Al Stanley's angles are contained in his newsletters. All 63 of them and they can be downloaded free at the Clocker's website.

Where can I find this Clocker's website?

Sea Biscuit
05-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Where can I find this Clocker's website?

Clocker doesn't have any website anymore. This thread is 14 years old.

Postime
05-20-2020, 10:28 AM
"This thread is 14 years old."

You won't see any of these guys in the Harness forum anymore, Melman and Tom used to be regulars here. You can still catch them on the TB side.

CheckMark
05-20-2020, 01:35 PM
Clocker doesn't have any website anymore. This thread is 14 years old.

tamaharbor was kind enough to send all newsletters to my email and hoping to find some good angles in here

When Grand River starts up again I would probably be using some of the angles incorporated into my handicapping usage for the entire meet

pandy
09-14-2023, 06:25 AM
Checkmark, do you still have Al's newsletters? Someone I know from overseas is interested in reading them.

CheckMark
09-14-2023, 10:41 AM
Checkmark, do you still have Al's newsletters? Someone I know from overseas is interested in reading them.

Yes I do. I have all the editions.