PDA

View Full Version : TP Trifecta Box?

Kelso
12-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Played Turfway on BrisBet today (14th). The on-site results for each race included payouts for a "$2 Trifecta" and for a "$1 Trifecta Box." In each race, the box payout was exactly 1/2 of the $2 Tri. (Example: The 5th paid $429.00 for the 1/4/11 finish while the "box" paid $214.50.)

It appears that betting the box gets half the payout at half the cost of a full Tri, but that the box covers six potential combinations while the full bet covers only the specific finishing order - 1/4/11 in the example.

I'm sure this isn't so. Would someone kindly tell me what I'm misunderstanding here? Thanks very much.

cj
12-15-2006, 01:39 AM
It is just the $1 payout. I'm not sure why they put box there. It used to be you could only play $1 bets if you played combinations or a box, and I think that has something to do with this terminology.

rrbauer
12-15-2006, 11:11 AM
It is just the $1 payout. I'm not sure why they put box there. It used to be you could only play $1 bets if you played combinations or a box, and I think that has something to do with this terminology.

That restriction still exists at some tracks and with some account wagering outfits. Certain bets they won't take a $1 straight bet, but a combo (part wheel, box, etc.) is OK for a buck. Of course, then it's not a buck!

Kelso
12-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Thank you for clearing this up for me. (A lot to be said for sticking with tradition ... but not so sure that applies with this one.)