PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Balboa

BetHorses!
12-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Since I have this Avatar, gotta admit I'll be watching in the theater soon. :blush:

skate
12-15-2006, 04:09 PM
not much of a movie fan, i like them ,but..

i'll be looking forward to this new movie.

i thought his best was , "FIST".

bigmack
12-15-2006, 04:47 PM
The dialogue from the original was rivoting:

Mickey: Women weaken legs!

Mickey: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!

Rocky: Adrian!
Adrian: Rocky!
Rocky: Adrian!
Adrian: Rocky!
Rocky: Adrian.
Adrian: Rocky.

Paulie: I want you outta here instamatically.

Adrian: Einstein flunked out of school, twice.
Paulie: Is that so?
Adrian: Yeah. Beethoven was deaf. Helen Keller was blind. I think Rocky's got a good chance.

chickenhead
12-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I probably watch Rocky about 3 or 4 times a year. Without a doubt one of my all time favorites.

Rocky: What about my prime, Mick? At least you had a prime! I had no prime, I had nothin'!

Pretty amazing year for the movies:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Jaws
Saturday Night Fever
Network
and Rocky.

Dave Schwartz
12-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I probably watch Rocky about 3 or 4 times a year. Without a doubt one of my all time favorites.

Now, that would make a good thread... What movies do you enjoy watching over and over?

Rocky has to be near the top.

Tombstone ("I'm your huckleberry.")

Dave

kenwoodallpromos
12-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Did Balboa have Johnson's brain surgery yet?LOL!!

Overlay
12-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Now, that would make a good thread... What movies do you enjoy watching over and over?

For comedy, I'd take the two Airplane! movies, and the three Naked Gun films. For drama, the three parts of The Godfather.

BetHorses!
12-15-2006, 11:02 PM

I think we once had a best movies thread here, I loved tombstone also but GoodFellas is near the top:

Jimmy Conway: You stupid bastard, I can't fuckin' believe you. Now, you're gonna dig the fuckin' thing now. You're gonna dig the hole. You're gonna do it. I got no fuckin' line. You're gonna do it.
Tommy DeVito: Who the fuck cares? I'll dig the fuckin' hole. I don't give a fuck. What is it, the first hole I dug? Not the first time I dug a hole. I'll fuckin' dig a hole. Where are the shovels?

JPinMaryland
12-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Sat. Night fever was 1977, if I recall.

In 1976 it seemed to be between Rocky and Network, Network won more Oscars but did Rocky win best picture? Or was that Network too? Jaws and Close Encounters were good too.

At this pt. I much prefer to watch Network than Rocky, obviously it has a deeper social message and there's a lot of subtlety in the acting, and the story. Rocky is a great movie character though.

skate
12-15-2006, 11:58 PM
i saw it for the first time bout 5 years ago, since then ive seen it 3 times. for me that is lots and lots.

"LET IT RIDE"

i love it when hes leaving the dinning area, turns a says "threeee Huuunnndred thousand"

kenwoodallpromos
12-16-2006, 12:16 AM
MIB

44PACE
12-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Favorite racing movie " The Longshot" best time to watch... after several days of lossing.

The vacation movies with Chevy Chase.... pure Gold.

JPinMaryland
12-16-2006, 03:15 AM
Taxi Driver, it appears was also 1976 (from some website). So yes a banner year for movies.