PDA

View Full Version : R. I. P. Peter Boyle

DJofSD
12-13-2006, 09:37 PM
The monster in "Young Frankenstein" has passed.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Sad news. What a funny comic actor! Glad to have so many seasons of 'Raymond' in syndication - he will be unforgettable. Prayers for him and his family too.

Tom
12-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Never watched Ramon - can't stand RAy Romano.
But JOE was one of my all time favorite movies. Saw it at a Drive In back in the day.....great flick!

Overlay
12-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Since I heard the news of Peter Boyle's passing, I've been going nuts trying to dig up a faded memory I have of a recurring deadpan comedy bit that I seem to associate with Albert Brooks and Peter Boyle on an old summer replacement show called The Entertainers, back in the late '60's or early '70's (before Young Frankenstein), where Brooks would introduce Boyle as "my best friend, Peter Chalker" (or that's the name I recall). Does anyone else have any recollection of this?

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2006, 02:19 AM
I'll always remember the episode of the X-Files he did.....anyone catch that one?

KYJACK
12-18-2006, 07:07 AM
I'll always remember the episode of the X-Files he did.....anyone catch that one?PA
I though I did, but I really didn't! (I was thinking of the Christmas episode about the ghost couple - Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin).

Anyhow my interest was up, so I did a little google'ing for ya! Enjoy!

Jack

The X-Files: Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
http://tv.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=96865
"This classic X-Files episode stars Peter Boyle as the titular Clyde Bruckman, a man "blessed" with the ability to predict how other people die. .....Incidentally, Boyle's character name is something of an inside joke: the "real" Clyde Bruckman was a comedy writer who worked with such notable funsters as Harold Lloyd, Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, and the Three Stooges. Written by Darin Morgan, "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" was originally telecast October 13, 1995. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide"

Fan-Site Review
http://www.morganandwongonline.com/repose.html
"Most definitely one of the best X-Files ever. It satires the whole 'psychic fortune teller' and while being a comedy (albeit VERY black comedy), it still has a plot as well as good characterization of Bruckman"
'5 Big Boppers out of 5.'

Classic Dialogue:

Clyde: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified one than auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Mulder: Why are you telling me that?

:lol:

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2006, 02:06 AM
That was indeed one of the best "non-mythology" episodes, IMO.