PDA

View Full Version : like "the" man said

skate
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
you never know.

what will come about if one of the democratic senators is unable to hold office?

such a question could be answered, depending on the outcome of Sen. Tim Johnson (d. sd) who had a stroke today 12/13/06.

the Gov. being a rep., most likely would give the job to a republican, if T.J. resigns, which would bring on a even balance in the senate.

say it again SAM

Secretariat
12-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Apparently skate it was not a stroke or heart attack so you can relax. btw..apparently there is precendent for this type of thing back in the 70's as Bryan Williams reported tonight when one Senator never showed up for years in the chamber but refused to resign.

Show Me the Wire
12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Apparently skate it was not a stroke or heart attack so you can relax. btw..apparently there is precendent for this type of thing back in the 70's as Bryan Williams reported tonight when one Senator never showed up for years in the chamber but refused to resign.

Yes, after being sworn in. A senator elect does not have to be sworn in if he can not perform his duties.

Tom
12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
But William Jefferson, democrat, Loisianna, might have to vacate eventually - more investigation is ongoing. Btw, I thougt Pelosi was going to clean up the corruption? Instead, she is bending over backwards to find a committe for him to chair.

Show Me the Wire
12-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Tom:

As a party Democrats embrace corruption.

Tom
12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
And ignorance. How about the new head of the intelligence committe not knowing thing one about Al Qeda? Pretty bad - the guy is a moron, and he is their intelligence guy? :lol::lol:

A real cantalope!

Show Me the Wire
12-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Cantalope, I like that. Let's call Pelosi's dumb appointment's and party members

Pelosi's Cantalopes.

I think it fits.

skate
12-14-2006, 06:47 PM
But William Jefferson, democrat, Loisianna, might have to vacate eventually - more investigation is ongoing. Btw, I thougt Pelosi was going to clean up the corruption? Instead, she is bending over backwards to find a committe for him to chair.

oh ya, he's in deep..

i think its next month he gets indicted ly

what a riot alice

skate
12-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Cantalope, I like that. Let's call Pelosi's dumb appointment's and party members

Pelosi's Cantalopes.

I think it fits.

oh ahhh ! "pelosilopes", hey its gonna stick. that one should be worth some money. come on PA pay up.

skate
12-14-2006, 07:00 PM

ok ok, just got back from mount Hood and its nice to know , i can exlaxe now.

?ceriously, for reel, thnaks for the info, but could ya find another source (Bryan Williams).

no, really, i dont get to listen to the news much, but i could see a senator not appearing, not sure if being "capable' would have another outcome on this mater.
its one thing "not showing up" and another issue "not being able".

these guys like to have cover, which he would lose. he'd be a sore thumb

Tom
12-14-2006, 07:46 PM
oh ahhh ! "pelosilopes", hey its gonna stick. that one should be worth some money. come on PA pay up.

Beats Pelosi's peaches! :jump: