PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in Afghanistan?

Secretariat
12-13-2006, 11:29 AM
What is happening? Our newfound ally Pakistan is somehow enslaving Afghans and supporting the Taliban? We know the poppy crop keeps booming, but in GW's eyes all is blooming? So now one of our allies is enslaving people we've supposedly just freed, and another ally today (saudis) are contemplating offering aid to Saddam Hussein's Sunni faction if we don't do its bidding?

Just gets crazier and crazier. Time for GW to head for Crawford for some brush clearing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061213/ap_on_re_as/afghan_pakistan

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - President Hamid Karzai on Wednesday lashed out at Pakistan for the third time this week, accusing the neighboring country of trying to make "slaves" of the Afghan people

Karzai's rhetorical barrage against Pakistan started in a tearful speech Sunday, when he said terrorists from Pakistan are killing Afghan children. He ratcheted up his criticism Tuesday, directly charging the Pakistan government with supporting the Taliban.

and then this.:

NEW YORK - Saudi Arabia has warned Washington it might provide financial aid to Iraqi Sunnis in any fighting against Shiites if the U.S. pulls its troops out of Iraq, The New York Times reported Wednesday

delayjf
12-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Sec,

Would you support a little excursion into Pakistan?? I'm starting to like the way you think - you're turning to the dark side. :D

Secretariat
12-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Sec,

Would you support a little excursion into Pakistan?? I'm starting to like the way you think - you're turning to the dark side. :D

Actually, this may be where I part from many of the other liberal posters on the board, and have never turned away from since 911. I'm all in favor of removing ALL troops from Iraq andf putting them on the border of Paksitan and telling (not asking) Musharraf, we're going into the Pakistan along your border and wiping out Al Queda. Your troops have had plenty of time to do that and it's not getting done. This is where the Taliban sponsored Al Queda attack on 911 began and we have been diverted by an Iraqi blunder by our Commander in Chief, and now we're going correct that mistake and finish the job began in 2001.

delayjf
12-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Sec,

Give in to your conservative side, I can complete your training and your conversion to the dark side will be complete. Sec.....Rush Limbaugh is your FATHER. :D :D

All kidding aside, I think we can do both.

Tom
12-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Darth Vader and Luke.
El Rushbo and Sec......boggles the mind!

Secretariat
12-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Darth Vader and Luke.
El Rushbo and Sec......boggles the mind!

Tom,

I have never wavered since 2001. I want Bin Laden regardless of what Pakistan says or does. Iraq's been a huge diversion and the Taliban is slowly regaining control of southern Afghanistan. Has nothing to do with El Rushbo.

Tom
12-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Don't get your wookie in an uproar.