PDA

View Full Version : software

keenang
10-21-2002, 04:51 PM
has any one ever heard of snap cap pro by tom console? i would like to hear what you think of it.
thanks gene

JimG
10-21-2002, 05:18 PM
Do a search and you will see a dialogue on SnapCap. In addition TomC, is Tom Console the friendly :D programmer of the software.

Best of luck.

Jim

TomC
10-22-2002, 12:07 AM
Jim:
Thank you for your kind words and great big smile! Very nice of you. However I do want to clear one thing up. I am not a programmer. Just my ideas that make me money at the races go into my products. I must hire services of good programmers to get the computer to do the work.
TomC

JimG
10-25-2002, 09:35 PM
TomC,

Last time we conversed via e-mail, you had someone working on an updated version of Snapcapper Pro. Has that come out yet? Also, I stand corrected regarding your programming skills. As for the great big smile:D ...your welcome!

Jim

TomC
10-25-2002, 11:21 PM
JimG:
My new software has not been released. I have a "rough" nearly completed version. But when I use it a while, I think of new ideas to add, and my hopes of having it done a year ago have flown by. My programmer (Joe Zambuto) is doing a great job with it. I think sometimes I must be driving him crazy with new ideas and changes, but he handles it really professionally and with great skill. I want this to be THE FINAL program that I will use forever. So when I think of new ideas that would make it more profitabe (mainly modeling abilities and such, as the handicapping part of it is complete), I figure I may as well have it in there now and make it complete. So it probably wont be until after the New Year, being that we are almost in November already. But I see correlations in the model (the modeling abilities are unreal and getting beter all the time) that look to good to be true. I am currenly playing TUP, SA and PHA. I have a play at TUP that has hit 24 for 30 wins!
When I do finally offer it for sale, it will be on a very limited basis. I really just want to concentrate on making profits using it, as selling it is very time consuming and not very profitable at all.
Good luck in the Breeders Cup!
TomC

JimG
10-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by TomC
JimG:
I want this to be THE FINAL program that I will use forever.

TomC,

I certainly have not agreed with everything you have said on this board but I find that one sentence you wrote quoted above to be very sincere and fascinating.

I am a huge consumer of handicapping software (the vendors must love me) and question my sanity for it as vendors are constantly "improving" their software. I understand the need for making $$ like the next guy, however it seems to me that if a piece of horseracing software is created that the user can turn a profit at (not necessarily blindly playing the top pick) then there is no need to create more software. Perhaps that is why my best friend at the OTB uses the 1997 version of Capsheet and is happy as a clam. I have used it off and on for years as well but never with the success he has. He has the "flair" that I do not with that software.

TomC...hope you will send me an e-mail when you get your "final" version done.

Jim