PDA

View Full Version : Bad spill in Calder finale....

PaceAdvantage
12-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Anyone know the status of the jockeys and/or horses involved? It looked particularly nasty for one jockey whose body was basically "standing upright" in mid-air, about 1.5-2 feet off the ground before he went down....tough to explain, but awful to watch....

boomman
12-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Pace: I know Bobby Neumann (track announcer) and Mike Anifantis (racing secretary) very well @ Calder...I'll see if I can reach one of them and get the scoop-Boom

CryingForTheHorses
12-11-2006, 07:57 PM
3 jockeys went down in the last at Calder,Bridgmohan and Fluentes walked away to the jocks room. It appeared one horse tripped over Jeffery Sanchez as he wasnt moving and they took hm to the hospital.Vey scary as thehorse that Bridmohan was on broke her leg and went down causing Sanchez;s mount to duck t the inside throwing him into the path of Raymond Fluentes horse who tripped over the fallen rider. Lets hope Jeffery is ok

karlskorner
12-11-2006, 08:58 PM
J. Bridgmohan leading rider at CRC and he still carries a 5lb bug. Glad he could walk away. Most players don't put much faith into the "bug", but apprently some Trainers do and gave him winning horses.

PaceAdvantage
12-12-2006, 01:41 AM
I guess no news is good news at this point, at least as far as the jockeys are concerned....