PDA

View Full Version : Bob McNair Texans Blow it

Stevie Belmont
12-11-2006, 02:35 PM
How dopey is this guy? He might be a solid horse owner, but he might be the dumbest football owner. He had a chance to take Reggie Bush or Vince Young. Vince Young comes to town and sells out the building in Texas, which the home team can't even do. It takes Vince young to do it. A state where this guy is a hero. How do they not take him based on the ticket sales alone!! Unreal. And than there is the even better Reggie Bush who is great player. His jersey leads the NFL in sales. How does Houston pass up this guy?? What were they thinking. They will nere live this one down. Maybe Mario Williams will be great, but till than it's Mario Who, or Houston Who. Amazing that they let those guys get away.

Valuist
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I agree and it isn't like people waited until the season was almost over to criticize the move. And lets not forget, they had Dominick Davis and David Carr....not exactly Hall of Famers at RB and QB. Supposedly, they were scared off by Bush's supposed contract demands. But that still left Young, who right now might be the single most exciting player in the NFL. Anyone who saw the Texas/USC game last year knew that this was a very special player....and a Houston native as well. And to think some teams were worried about Young's intelligence and his Wunderlick (sp?) score. The only stupid ones are the teams that passed on him.

bigmack
12-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Another internet snafoo. It was all over the net that his Wonderlic Score was a 6 out of a possible 50 so several teams passed on that basis and it was speculated that he wouldn't even be within the top 10 drafts.

Turns out his score was a 16 and the rest as they say.........

gjones6794
12-15-2006, 11:22 PM
The Texan's screwed up. They still don't get it. At least they won't admit it.

Many of us are crying giant Texas tears. YouTube.com has a Vince Young section with highlights of high school, UT, and his pro games. Amazingly, the high school highlights look like the college and pro highlights. I graduated from UT and watched almost every game Vince played in college. He is in a league by himself. He is a classs individual. God bless Vince.

The Judge
12-16-2006, 03:14 AM
Could you imagine if Young or Bush were with Texas and the other came to town. It would be like a bowl game. The fans would have been transported back to a good old college feel. Now that would have been wroth those crazy prices they charge for a ticket.

Not to change the subject but a tv spot has been airing showing an old 50"s maybe early 60's Celtics team winning a championship and the fans rushed the floor grabbing the players a player for the Celtics threw the ball up toward the basket in celebration and some kid got the ball and headed toward the door.

What I noticed was that there were a huge amount of young kids they seem to be there by themselves (they just took themselves to the game)and a lot of the people were in ties including the kids.

cj
12-16-2006, 05:11 AM
To be fair, Dominic Davis was pretty darn good. Considering the team he was surrounded by, he was very, very good. It was bad luck he was injured. Vince Young was the obvious pick.

JPinMaryland
12-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Young did seem to be obvious, his mobility and ability to throw on the run seemed like he had the physical tools to step right in. But I didnt think Carr was that bad, if he can hold down the QB position then maybe they can fill another need? Not a bad idea.

What about trading down? Would that have been better? To give up no. 1 and get more players since the team needs to build. Or does this just not work in the NFL?

Bubbles
12-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't think it matters too much who's under center for Houston. Young would have been able to run away from some of the defensive ends, but until the Texans get an offensive line capable of protecting the quarterback, they'll always stink.

It's rare than an offensive lineman is worth a top 10 pick. But you've gotta think D'Brickashaw Ferguson would have plugged up some serious holes and allowed Carr and Davis (forget him being hurt for a minute) to make some plays, especially seeing as how he's been darned-good for the Jets this year.

gjones6794
12-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I watched Bob's Team for a while today. New England blew them out. The Texans quit. Gave Up. This is a reflection on their head coach, assistant coaches and the players. These people are paid millions of dollars and they don't have enough pride to even play hard or try. The sports radio station callers and commentators were really critizing the team. The main one I remember claimed they were season ticket holders and enjoyed the tail gating before the game, but hated to go into the stadium. One announcer said the best way to watch a Texan game was to get drunk during the tail gating then go see the game. I think Kubiak needs to go back to Denver and resume his job as quarterback coach. Maybe another Elway will come along and make him look good.