lastest advertisement in the Daily Racing Form that for $200 he will

sell his new system and all it requires is boxing his top 4 horses in exactas

and trifectas and if you don't make $100,000 in one year he will refund

you $1,000. He's been advertising in the Racing form for years mostly pushing

a place/ show method or a combination of the two. If memory serves

me correctly way back in the early 80's I think he used to make up pace

figures and sell them through a subscription set up. I always thought

this guy was on the up and up but outlandish claims like this makes me

very suspicious. All you need for your refund is a 4 month workout.

whew coming from this guy it kind of took my breath away.

Vigors
12-11-2006, 09:40 AM
.....I am not one to go for the "Old O-keydoke" in throughbred handicapping,
least anything in life...which many call being pesimistic,I call it being a realist
however, as for "downtalking" or should I put it a little more accurate,
timtan's "Damnation through faint praise" of Mr. DePasquales...I couldn't disagree more, and rather then make it soley my opinion, I'll give a recent
example of the type of person I believe Mr. DeP (better yet, the type of person Mr. D is)..I had sent for an item listed in the DRF and when I recieved the envelope containing the item ordered and recieved a more than pleasent suprize...my Money Order was enclosed with the following note explaining
that several years ago, I had ordered a similar item (and though there had been improvements,read "updates") and didn't think it "right" to take my
money...( even though he had included the updates with my money order
ALONG WITH ANOTHER ITEM HE WAS SELLING ). I had lost most of my
handicapping materials in a move several years ago...and had forgotten that
even ordered anything from him,and I truely believe that you can count the
number of people (who would have returned my money) on your Adam's Apple.
You may find "winning $ 100,000" suspect and question a 4 month workout,
but there is a GUARENTEE.....so let's not question or "besmurch" one man's
integrety because of disbelief if he's willing to return your purchase price
re the conditions stated.

timtam
12-11-2006, 08:23 PM
So my question to you Mr Vigors is Are you going to spend the $200

and try his offer? I have heard nothing but good things about Mr De

and I'm sure he is a good handicapper and honest person but this type

of advertisement just surprised me thats all I was stating.

Maxspa
12-12-2006, 07:16 PM
TimTam,
One of my daily computer stops is to check the DRF classified section. On one of my checks I saw an advertisement from a fellow who was sending free picks for a month to a limited number of subscribers (100). I responded and received his email selections. I then would check the choices on a daily basis. Well ,the handicapper did poorly! Lo and behold, I get an email from a tout service, that followed his picks, suggesting I get rid of the handicapper and use their service instead. One can't be too careful!
Maxspa

FUGITIVE77
12-14-2006, 02:47 AM
A $100,000 is more than he will make from from selling his system so why doesn't he use his own system to make six figures. My second grader can tell you why.

Maxspa
12-14-2006, 08:27 PM
TimTam,
A new offering called the "The Secret Play! $99.00 but you can get it for $43.00. The pitch sounds right from the systems mills that were made famous in New York City.
Maxspa

AwolAtPA
01-01-2007, 01:34 AM
well, this system GUARANTEE reminds me of the work I once did for a friend. She paid $75.00 for a system with a DOUBLE your money back if the system did not work for you.

the method was based on the chart odds being below the morning line which my friend quickly found was worthless. However, to get your money back the condition was: show me a month of your workouts.

I like using the Morning Line and this was (in theory) just a minor variation on my current research.

So, I decided to help her get the money back and prepared a report. With data problems and other problems, the ..just a day or so.. to get the report turned into about a thirty hour nightmare. Yes, after I started, I was not giving up after just a little problem, then another, then another!! A classic example, estimate the time for a project and triple that number!!

So, we sent the report and the system seller returned her money. Oh, the DOUBLE back your money did not happen!

-------------
a bit long winded but after that encounter, I understand how SOME system seller's money making machine works....how many people will do the work to qualify for the refund?

I know nothing about Mike D. or his system and this is not directed to his current system. This is simply a statement about my history and my attitude about system sellers' unreasonable pitch and guarantee statments.

so, if you like the system sellers pitch, then I say sure buy it. However, accept that IF the system does not work, then accept the cost of a little education and not even try to get your money back!!

ie, IF the system fails after one week, then will you continue using this system for another FOUR months to get your money back!!

oops, guess that would be 3 months and 3 weeks.

duane

Maxspa
01-01-2007, 11:58 AM
AWOL.
IMHO, a well written response! We sometimes have the tendency to equate quality with the cost of the product. The author has some other systems available in the $50-$60 range also advertised on DRF. Therefore the prospective buyer might conclude, the $200 system must be something special and the real deal. It very well may be worth every dollar spent but as you suggested there are drawbacks if it doesn't work out for the purchaser!
If your response helps some potential buyers make intelligent decisions regarding the purchase of handicapping material then indeed it fits the topic of this post.
Maxspa

dav4463
01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
If just ten people buy it, he makes $2000. Not bad at all. Reminds me of that infomercial "tiny classified ads" can make you rich!

Maxspa
01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Dave,
DePasquale has had his advertisements on DRF classified for some time now. I don't know what they charge for posting an ad like his but I don't believe it's inexpensive. He must be selling a few copies to continue promoting his product. I would like to read a comment from somone who has purchased the system.
Maxspa

Light
01-08-2007, 12:07 PM
boxing his top 4 horses in exactas

and trifectas and if you don't make $100,000 in one year he will refund

you $1,000.

Notice it does not say "profit". I'm sure you could wager 120k in exactas and tri's and "make" 100k.

I know a guy who once went to a "pro's" office with guaranteed winners for a sizable fee. First day he told him to bet $200 to win on 2 horses on the local card. Both lost.
Guy comes back mad. The pro said not to worry,we'll give you todays picks for free,but to bet $500 on them. The sucker in question had just recieved 50k in an inheritence,and was looking to make a living at the track,so he actually bet these amounts.Both lost again. Now the guy is livid. The pro tells him,he will give him another day's pick for free until he wins. Took eleven losses in a row before the pro's 1-2 shot won after which he claimed to have fufilled his contractual obligation of a guaranteed winner. He just never said how long it would take. Buyer beware.

timtam
01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Excellent point Light !

I was thinking of that the moment I read the advertisement but then with

everyone speaking highly of Mr D plus I know he corresponds with Al

Dietrich from Philips Racing Newsletter and his maiden method is included in

Philips I just questioned and still do question why the outlandish claim.

I'm hoping Maxspa's request to actually hear from a purchaser and what

type of results the system is producing. I was figuring 4 horse exacta

boxes and tri's = $36 per race can get quite expensive rather quickly.