PDA

View Full Version : TVG Contest Error!

kingfin66
12-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Wow, have I got a problem. I am playing the TVG contest today. In Aqu, race seven (contest race 3), I selected, or so I thought, horse #5, He's a Lumberjack. There were 3 coupled entries in the race. As handicappers, we are always taught to bet by program/saddle cloth number. This is what I did, or so I thought.

The TVG/NTRA contest entry lists the horses by post position number. Making things even more confusing is that the confirmation e-mails that are sent when you make/change your entries indicate that the selections are by program number.

Now I am so confused I don't know what to do as race 6 at Hollywood is another one with a coupled entry. I want to play #7, Sunset Place. It is listed in the contest entry as the #8 horse.

Is anybody else just hellaciously confused by this. I feel burned out of $15.80 very important contest dollars. And yes it does make a huge difference as I just caught that $39 horse in race 5 at Hollywood. My $67.80 would be $83.60 which would put me in 57th place instead of 218th.

Hopefully, in the future they will use common betting conventions when running their contest.

Tee
12-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Find the name of the horse you want to bet, click the circle & imo you should have no problems.