PDA

View Full Version : Chargers

bigmack
12-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Any doubts?

dylbert
12-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Any doubts?Chargers versus Cowboys... with 'Boys winning record sixth championship

cj
12-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Baltimore.

bigmack
12-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Baltimore.

http://www.getsmileyface.com/new/angry/33.gif

San Diego

cj
12-10-2006, 07:26 PM
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/installer/smiley/themes/winter/xmas_smiley.gif

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gameday/default.jsp?contentId=12047

bigmack
12-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Let me give that game some thought

http://www.getsmileyface.com/new/angry/17.gif

Curses! Doggone you CJ.

Dan Montilion
12-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Marty will turn a triple into a single.

bigmack
12-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Marty will turn a triple into a single.
Well, either they should fire his can and bring in Billy Southworth, or it's a darn good thing they're playing football.

melman
12-10-2006, 11:57 PM
How about them Cowboys :) Kicked all over the field by the Saints. Yeah they looked like a Super Bowl Team. Not :jump:

bigmack
12-11-2006, 12:01 AM
How about them Cowboys :) Kicked all over the field by the Saints. Yeah they looked like a Super Bowl Team. Not :jump:
I was gonna throw out that "The Big NO" would stomp on the CBoys but...

The traded Charger; Drew Brees is doing as well as the new found P Rivers.

dylbert
12-11-2006, 12:02 AM
How about them Cowboys :) Kicked all over the field by the Saints. Yeah they looked like a Super Bowl Team. Not :jump:As Forrest Gump exclaimed, "it happens." Please don't bet your mortgage on Saints winning Super Bowl in 8 weeks... I saw them get destroyed by Baltimore Ravens last month.

Can't wait until rematch in NFC playoffs!

boomman
12-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm not ready to say the Saints are going to the Super Bowl yet, but I will say this: To me, they're just like Cincinatti-with so many offensive weapons, they can wallop anybody on any given day...If their defense continues to improve, LOOK OUT! Drew Brees has demonstrated over the last 3 years that he is a winner!!! Chargers very lucky (and I really think lucky is the right word because they didn't know that Rivers would have this kind of season) that Rivers DID pan out or they would have been the brunt of jokes for many years to come for letting Brees get away when he obviously wanted to stay there!!!

Boom

GaryG
12-11-2006, 11:09 AM
If the Ravens get to the SB with that offense of theirs I will be surprised. On the other hand, I understand Ray Lewis just broke the record for most chickens sacrificed before an NFL game. Also the most celebrations for holding the opponent to a gain of less than 10 yards (regardless of who made the tackle).

Bathless
12-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Any doubts?

Yep. M-A-R-T-Y !!!

headhawg
12-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Chargers

Any doubts?Yeah, I have doubts. I have doubts about every team this year, although SD looks very good. I'm wondering if this year is a lot like last year. Who thought that Pit would win the SB (bad officiating aside)? They got hot at the right time. I just wonder what Rivers will look like staring down the Bears or Ravens defensive front seven. I'm not even confident enough to say the the SB champs will come from the AFC even though that is clearly the better of the two conferences.

All I know is if the Bears fix their QB/turnover issues they will be very tough indeed. If not, they will be one and done.

bigmack
12-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Yep. M-A-R-T-Y !!!
Holy catfish Bath, the mere fact that Martin has gone a playoff record coaching career of 5 wins and 12 losses isn't enough to dismiss the formidability of this assembled team. I think :confused:

Valuist
12-11-2006, 02:35 PM
These 2 teams will not be winning the Super Bowl and likely will not get there:

Indy 32nd against the run; 176.5 ypg, 5.4 ypc against
New Orleans 24th against the run; 131.8 ypg, 5.1 ypc against

Bathless
12-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I haven't seen even 1 snap of the Chargers in real-time this year. But I'm trying to remember the draft a few years back when Eli Manning did Marty and Co. a big favor and refused to go to the Chargers.

I believe that SD had the 1st pick overall and the Jints had the 3rd. NY wanted Eli, so they traded up, swapping picks with SD. What else did NY give up? What pick(s) was it and what did SD do with it/them? And did SD take Rivers with that #3?

My memory is fuzzy. I'd appreciate a refresh.

Of course, this doesn't compare with Minny giving away the store to Dallas for Herschel Walker, but it looks like the Chargers ate the Giants' lunch with this deal. Eli isn't the next Ryan Leaf, but he's no Peyton either. In fact, he's no Archie. Just another so-so QB.

As with jockeys (where there's the top 10 or so, then everybody else), in the NFL, there appears to be about 6 or so elite QBs -- Peyton, Brady, Brees, Palmer, Favre (once) and maybe McNab. Rivers, Young and Leinhart all have the ability/potential to join the top tier.

bigmack
12-11-2006, 04:57 PM
I believe that SD had the 1st pick overall and the Jints had the 3rd. NY wanted Eli, so they traded up, swapping picks with SD. What else did NY give up? What pick(s) was it and what did SD do with it/them? And did SD take Rivers with that #3?
My memory is fuzzy. I'd appreciate a refresh.
As fate would have it Eli had little interest in being a Charger though was selected by San Diego as the #1 pick. As his recalcetrance became being a "whiner" San Diego cut a deal with NYG's for their 1st and 5th round picks in 2005 and a 3rd round pick in 2004. Picking-up: P Rivers, Shane Merriman & Nate Kaeding. NY faux paux - SD windfall. Eli the Momo.

Bathless
12-12-2006, 10:12 AM
As fate would have it Eli had little interest in being a Charger though was selected by San Diego as the #1 pick. As his recalcetrance became being a "whiner" San Diego cut a deal with NYG's for their 1st and 5th round picks in 2005 and a 3rd round pick in 2004. Picking-up: P Rivers, Shane Merriman & Nate Kaeding. NY faux paux - SD windfall. Eli the Momo.

So it's Rivers+Merriman+Kaeding for Eli. Not bad. Not quite McHale+Parrish for Benoit Benjamin, but not bad.