PDA

View Full Version : RPM Software

John
10-20-2002, 10:50 PM
Just got in the u.s. mail from RPM. A software called "System 17"
The flyer says it was a very successful paper and pencil method that had a lot of caculation. Now it is a computer click and go program. Anyone have it or the paper method.I would like to know more about it if I am going to purchase....Thanks

Dick Schmidt
10-21-2002, 12:22 AM
Roca,

I have a friend who tried it (pencil and paper) and found it marginal at some tracks, awful at the rest. Of course it is hard to really test a pencil and paper method adequately, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in their ads. They claim to have tested it over 550,000 races from a 5 1/2 year period. One problem I see with that claim is there aren't 100,000 races run in a year, even with all the minor tracks thrown in. I have yet to see anything come from RPM that is worth a damn.

Dick

dav4463
10-21-2002, 04:31 AM
I have the paper and pencil method. I tried it for a while and it wasn't bad after I added a couple of my own elimination rules to it. However, I wouldn't recommend the software because the paper and pencil method only takes about 5 minutes per race. I don't use it anymore because the prices are usually low. Did they mention adding anything to the paper and pencil method? It is so simple you really don't need a computer program...just a calculator and 5 minutes and you are done.

John
10-21-2002, 08:52 AM
THANKS DICK,,,, good comment.You know when RPM first started
and they said, that some of these systems were sent in to them and after tested if profitible they would offer to the public. I thought maybe , somewhere some one found something that would work at my Track [ Suffolk Downs ] I have a few. they did not help much.
---------------------------------------------

DAV4463,

Thank for the impute. What RPM added is a wagering strategy.
Also added a copy of software program called" Maiden Blaster" that is free.

Where they gave a three day workout at Charlestown.and the horses at Suffolk Downs are pretty much the same as Charlestown. I was hopeing
the software was my answer. It a lot of money to buy and be disapointed.

dav4463
10-21-2002, 02:55 PM
I wonder if the wagering strategy is any different from the one included in the paper and pencil method? When I tried the method, I found it to be pretty good at selecting a key horse to base a trifecta wager on, but the key horse selected was usually fairly obvious whether I used the method or not. The really competitive races where the horses scored within just a few points of one another were the weaker picks. Any of the top 4 or 5 could be a key horse. Also the method eliminates any horse not in the top 5 morning line choices which severely limits the longshot capabilities. After watching the method eliminate a 20-1 m/l choice that I liked and then watching my pick win, I decided to go my own way and consider all the horses, not just the top 5 m/l choices.

John
10-21-2002, 05:38 PM
dav4463

AMEN......to your post. Good luck my friend.