PDA

View Full Version : Anybody automate betting?

GameTheory
10-20-2002, 03:35 PM
Hello,

Does anyone around here regularly automate their betting ala CherryPickr & Automate or any other way?

In other words, let your computer actually place your bets for you while you're off fishing?

I would be interested as to your experiences (methods, which betting service, etc.) and how smoothly this goes...

rrbauer
10-20-2002, 05:21 PM
I believe that Tanda does that.

Larry Hamilton
10-20-2002, 05:33 PM
damn fine question! I have a system that is automated except for one facet--the bet. HOpe you get some to respond

Holy Bull
11-08-2002, 01:49 PM
I have the capability to do this but don't use it that often due to my style of play. I originally used automate and it worked ok for simple tasks and wasn't that hard to set up. However, I didn't find it very reliable and I never got it to the point where it could handle more complex bets. If you are serious, you'd probably want to go for a more lower level approach than automate can provide.

GameTheory
11-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that with a service like BrisBet that only uses normal internet protocols, you should be able to design a custom application that communicates with them directly in place of your browser....

GR1@HTR
11-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Have u all looked into cherrypicker?

Holy Bull
11-08-2002, 08:39 PM
CherryPicker is basically just macros to use Automate. It will work for simple tasks but I wouldn't suggest it if you want to do something more complicated than a win bet here or there.
For more, as GameTheory mentioned, you want to interface directly with your betting service. The complexity of doing such a thing depends directly on their software and the language you write your own s/w in.