PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland at Pittsburgh

theyreatthepost
12-07-2006, 03:46 PM
OVER Cleveland/Pittsburgh

Couple of bad teams here and with all the injuries this total has been knocked down and down and down. Think these two teams will put up a lot more than 33 points in this one. Cleveland battled back last week to knock off KC 31-28 last week in OT. These two teams have gone over in 4 of 5 games the last three years and in both games played at Pittsburgh the last three years.

College bowl season (Dec. 19) is just around the corner. 32 games and tons of money to be made.

www.theyreatthepost.com

Buddha
12-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Just a note that the weather is going to be cold, snowy, wet, and windy.

rrpic6
12-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Good Luck to Derek Anderson, the latest QB for the Brownies. The lifespans of past QB's in the new era of Brown's ball has been equal to the housefly. Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Trent Dilfer, and/or Charlie Frye could have bankrupted Ohio's Workman's Comp Dept. (Tom Noe, not a QB, did instead).

Valuist
12-07-2006, 10:34 PM
With Willie Parker as one of my fantasy league RBs, I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

ponyplayerdotca
12-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Let's see. The over/under is 33 points.

The Steelers lead 27-0 in the 4th quarter. Cleveland hasn't done jack all night.

Lo and behold, a long pass play allowed and it goes for a TD.

Everybody who pounded the over survives once Dawson hits the extra point.

Final 27-7.

This game was an UNDER from the get go, as it was played I mean.

It really makes you wonder who calls who at halftime and how the information gets construed into actual game play late in decided games.

Yeah, it COULD all just be a coincidence, but with so much money on the line, you DO have to wonder. :p

===

My favorite questionable O/U point result was Super Bowl XXXIII in Miami.

The O/U was 53 1/2.

Denver was leading Atlanta late 34-13.

At about the 2 min. warning, the Falcons scored a consolation TD, making it 34-19, with the conversion to come.

Mathematically, there was no reason to go for two, as the extra point would have brought the Falcons to within 14 points (or two TDs with extra points).

So, there lies the balance of the O/U as it sat at 53 points pending the conversion.

Coach Dan Reeves needlessly goes for a two-point conversion and they fail.

Final score: Denver 34 Atlanta 19 (53 pts. and half-a-point UNDER)

"Did Reeves (or friends of Reeves) have a load of dough on the under?" is the first question I cynically thought of. He certainly didn't give any semblance of a logical reason for it afterwards in the press conference.

Last night's outcome in Pittsburgh brought back those memories of Super Bowl XXXIII. :D

Valuist
12-08-2006, 11:23 AM
The only people who got screwed were the bookmakers, who got middled on the game. The total opened around 37 and came way down, due to the weather. Pittsburgh had the game well in hand, and probably eased up a bit late; trading yardage to keep the clock moving and get the game over. Teams hate getting shut out, so Cleveland had incentive to get on the board. I don't believe there were any shenanigans at all.

rrpic6
12-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Anthony Smith, rookie from Syracuse, played very well in his first start at safety, but was juked by Edwards which led to the long catch and run for a TD. Cleveland dropped 6 passes in the game and rookie QB Anderson played pretty well, so the over was well in reach.

BetHorses!
12-09-2006, 01:38 AM
===

My favorite questionable O/U point result was Super Bowl XXXIII in Miami.

The O/U was 53 1/2.

Denver was leading Atlanta late 34-13.

At about the 2 min. warning, the Falcons scored a consolation TD, making it 34-19, with the conversion to come.

Mathematically, there was no reason to go for two, as the extra point would have brought the Falcons to within 14 points (or two TDs with extra points).

So, there lies the balance of the O/U as it sat at 53 points pending the conversion.

Coach Dan Reeves needlessly goes for a two-point conversion and they fail.

Final score: Denver 34 Atlanta 19 (53 pts. and half-a-point UNDER)

"Did Reeves (or friends of Reeves) have a load of dough on the under?" is the first question I cynically thought of. He certainly didn't give any semblance of a logical reason for it afterwards in the press conference.

Last night's outcome in Pittsburgh brought back those memories of Super Bowl XXXIII. :D

Bad memories for me as a partner in a wall Street Super Bowl Box pool...had 4-0 and would have split $50,000.