PDA

View Full Version : Racingdispatch.com Launches

TravisVOX
12-07-2006, 09:43 AM
HORSE RACING NEWS PORTAL LAUNCHES
Racingdispatch.com a new site for horse racing fans

Racingdispatch.com, a portal for horse racing news, officially launched this week giving racing enthusiasts another site to visit while surfing the internet.

Created as way to attract new fans, encourage current ones, and entertain the veterans, Racingdispatch.com aims to promote the trade publications that have built such a solid foundation within the sport and to honor the beat reporters, columnists, free-lancers and editors that make racing their living.

“The internet is such a valuable tool for promoting the sport,” said Travis Stone, who founded the site. “The site is currently a labor of love and our motivation stems from our enthusiasm and passion for horse racing.”

Numerous additional areas of the site are currently under construction and slated to launch in the coming months. But for now, Racingdispatch.com is a blend of major racing headlines to off-beat features, commentary and local stories.

“One of our key goals is to showcase the localized coverage of horse racing,” said Stone. “Many racetracks have dedicated reporters that produce entertaining and informative pieces on a daily basis, yet their voice is never heard on a national scale. We hope to eliminate this gap.”

Stone pitched the idea to three of his friends more than a week ago. The site features all the news in an organized and easy-to-find fashion.

“Each of us posts coverage on one specific area of the world and since we all update at different times, the site is never stagnant. We hope this continual freshness helps Racingdispatch.com become a staple for racing fans.”

Dave Schwartz
12-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Travis,

Awesome!

Best Regards,
Dave Schwartz

boomman
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM
With all these websites he's promoting, Travis will have to become an authorized advertiser here PA lol-Boom

PlanB
12-07-2006, 06:07 PM
GOOD LUCK. But NO I cannot contribute to your racing site. I'm under contract to PA. But if you throw a kick-off party (w/plenty of vodka) I might attend. Best Wishes Travis, derek.

njcurveball
12-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Very well done web-site with lots of information. I definitely have it bookmarked now.

Thanks for sharing!
Jim

TravisVOX
12-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Kick-off party is now in planning!!

I hope everyone likes the site, we've put a lot of hours getting it set-up initially and look forward to expanding it in the future.

speedking
12-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Great site and layout, Travis:jump:

Best of luck with everything!

speedking

PaceAdvantage
12-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Looks like you're aiming squarely at the equidaily.com crowd.....nice looking site!

dylbert
12-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Very nice site... excellent collection of equine news from around country and beyond.

Keep up the excellent work! Are you calling QH races during upcoming LaD meet?

TravisVOX
12-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the comments!

I am calling the QH races, we start January 20, Sat thru Tuesday, which is good, cause I can watch Days of our Lives on Wed/Thurs :D

andicap
12-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Travis,
you are a true entrepreneur -- Best of luck and I will be sure to include racingdispatch.com in my list of places to visit daily. (if not more!)

ceejay
12-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Great site. I bookmarked it!

jballscalls
12-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the comments!

I am calling the QH races, we start January 20, Sat thru Tuesday, which is good, cause I can watch Days of our Lives on Wed/Thurs :D

Your not kidding are you?? one of the wierdest things i noticed at River Downs is that our equibase and placing office, both of them watch soaps all during the week. And they are all guys!! LOL

kingfin66
12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Jason,

Do you commute daily when you call the Portland Meadows races? That must be brutal!

jballscalls
12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Jason,

Do you commute daily when you call the Portland Meadows races? That must be brutal!

nope go down sunday mornings, spend 2 nights in a hotel, and come back tuesday nights after the races and enjoy a 4 day weekend. Come on Travis admit it, you love days of our lives LOL

TravisVOX
12-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Come on Travis admit it, you love days of our lives LOL

What got me into the show was you letting me borrow your archived tapes of from first few years of the series.

TravisVOX
12-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Travis,
you are a true entrepreneur -- Best of luck and I will be sure to include racingdispatch.com in my list of places to visit daily. (if not more!)

Thank you very much, I hope you enjoy the site. I have been subscribing to Entrepreneur magazine since early in college, a lot of it is stuff I enjoy.

jballscalls
12-08-2006, 03:03 PM
What got me into the show was you letting me borrow your archived tapes of from first few years of the series.

btw, i need those back asap!

xfile
12-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Well done Travis! Nice web design layout and font choice. More quality work from a quality guy. :cool:

dylbert
12-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the comments!

LOL... hey, I need to take you to lunch/dinner with my mother next time I'm in Bossier City. She is huge DOOL fan and could keep you up-to-date. She watches (or tapes & watches) every day!

I admire anyone who can call QH races. In less than 20 seconds, it's over... I have never followed QH racing, but will have to make visit during this meet. Does LaD have any special events planned?

Again, the new site is very nice -- I bookmarked it for daily reference.

TravisVOX
12-08-2006, 04:59 PM
We're looking at all options in regards to QH racing... basically, it's only the second-ever meet here, so virtually nothing has been tested.