PDA

View Full Version : MTR Cancels 9th Race Tonight

hbeck
12-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Any reason why?

The Jockey's talked to track officials, delaying the 8th race about 20 mins. At the end of the 8th, a horse fell in the stretch (don't know if she had to be destroyed).

Sly7449
12-05-2006, 10:51 PM
Greetings,

What's the status on Maureen Andrews?

I hope she came out O.K. in that spill.

I hope she was not destroyed also.

Thanks

Sly

hbeck
12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Peter Berry said both the horse and Maureen were walking. I find it hard to believe the horse was though.

Donnie
12-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Tonight's race comments:

Race 3 #5 "bad step 3/8, pulled up"
Race 4 #2 "vanned off after race"
Race 8 #10 "broke down late"

Can anyone tell me if they did anything to the track Monday morning? I play MNR regularly and suddenly it's like someone threw a switch and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn on Monday night. Now tonight all these breakdowns and early cancelation.....any thoughts? Or any hear if they did something to the track on Monday?

Thanks!

ponyplayerdotca
12-06-2006, 10:46 AM
I watch MNR regularily, although I didn't see last night's (TUE.) card.

Monday night, I remember one horse seemed to be pulled up on the backstretch (RACE 3, # 3 EMPERADORA maybe?). I also observed many horses during the races take what seemed to be "bad steps" or "stutter steps" during the flow of each race.

I have read on this board and heard from others that the MNR main track (before and after winterizing) has many "holes" in it that the jockeys infamously know the locations of and avoid at all cost.

Whether that is true or not, one would have to suspect that if all those things occured Tuesday night, then the recent winterization of the track dirt didn't go very well.

Hopefully they get it figured out and corrected. I enjoy MNR racing for the variety of value it usually offers night in night out (despite all the other problems that lament the track from time to time). :ThmbUp:

Buddha
12-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Tonight's race comments:

Race 3 #5 "bad step 3/8, pulled up"
Race 4 #2 "vanned off after race"
Race 8 #10 "broke down late"

Can anyone tell me if they did anything to the track Monday morning? I play MNR regularly and suddenly it's like someone threw a switch and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn on Monday night. Now tonight all these breakdowns and early cancelation.....any thoughts? Or any hear if they did something to the track on Monday?

Thanks!

Basically it is just winter racing. The track is starting to freeze, and it changes a lot. Speed generally will do well because some jockeys and horses don't want to get hit by the clods. I don't know for sure, but I heard someone say there were 5 or 6 horses that had to be put down. Like I said I heard it, and don't know the validity of it.

What's the status on Maureen Andrews?

I hope she came out O.K. in that spill.

I hope she was not destroyed also.

Relatively speaking, Maureen was fine. I think she hurt either some ribs or a shoulder/arm. It looked like she was favoring her arm, but then someone from the jocks room said it was her ribs. The horse didn't come out so well. I think he snapped a leg.

Any reason why?

The Jockey's talked to track officials, delaying the 8th race about 20 mins. At the end of the 8th, a horse fell in the stretch (don't know if she had to be destroyed).

The reason for the cancellation mostly had to do with the formation of clods on the track, and the a bad track man. The 8th race should have been cancelled IMO. There were some shenanigans that I would rather not mention that happened in the 8th race. I don't want to start stuff by posting it, but lets just say that it was bad/stupid.

hbeck
12-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I respect your decision to not share the "shenanigans". I wish their was more transparency in this sport (and no, I am not attemping to pressure you- rather the track operators).

Zaf
12-06-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of those poly tracks, but it sure sounds like Mountaineer is the most logical place to install one.

Z