PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Saturday 10/19

rrbauer
10-19-2002, 02:51 PM
Santa Anita Sat Oct 19
Fast & Firm

R1
3 scratches – no show dough. Two contenders that I see. Takeonefortheteam & Lasting Image Quinela time?

R2
Reputation horse is Ile De France and maybe she is good enough with the R & R. Look for Expressway to make the lead and Issaqueena for the late danger.

R3
Sweet Mary Jo & High Speed Pursuit are the obvious ones. Zucker’s firster Starship Smokester looks quick from the drills. If it gets bet it can run!

R4
I like Little Ghazi & Devine Wind . Could use Dark Moondancer a little.

R5
Tough one. Nothing jumps out and when I start digging too many look good!

R6
Prime Time Event should have these over a barrel. Good route speed does well on this layout. Mandella’s comebacker Seeking The Cat will be flying late.

R7
Here’s my price play of the day. Stage Down in from Phoenix for Kruljac. Positive trainer change-horse runs well fresh-much improved works since raced-not a lot to beat-and 8-1. Where’s the window?

R8
Another toughie. The Ruidoso shipper Roll Hennessy Roll should do well but then there are Spensive, Red Apache & Only The Best to get in the way!

R9
No way My Captain should be 10-1 with these. Mandella’s other one Diamond Hope and Lennyfromalibu look to be the main ones.

R10
Beware of Zoezeebear at this distance. Herrick’s 9/5 shot Woman Onfasttrack deserves to be favorite.

That’s it! Go Baby Go!

rrbauer
10-19-2002, 08:17 PM
Santa Anita Sat Oct 19
“Damage”

R1
3 scratches – no show dough. Two contenders that I see. Takeonefortheteam & Lasting Image Quinela time?
Result The firster Sutter Street got away to an easy lead while ‘team walked out of the gate. ‘Street and ‘Image ding-donged until ‘team got them both in deep stretch and ‘Street got the nod for second. Q was only paying $3, so I bet doubles from 6/7 to 2/6 in hopes that ‘France isn’t good enough to beat them both.

R2
Reputation horse is Ile De France and maybe she is good enough with the R & R. Look for Expressway to make the lead and Issaqueena for the late danger.
Result ’France lost a heartbreaker. She did all the dirty work pressing Happy Michelle to the stretch from the 3-path, repelled ‘queena and took the lead, was intimidated by Tamarack Bay lugging in near the wire and lost the bob to that one. ‘Queena was 3rd and Expressway, a need-to-lead type, never got the lead and dropped out at the 3/8th pole. Lost my doubles.

R3
Sweet Mary Jo & High Speed Pursuit are the obvious ones. Zucker’s firster Starship Smokester looks quick from the drills. If it gets bet it can run!
Result Well my $10 win on High Speed Pursuit (8-1) was looking good entering the stretch and then everything changed. Punk Alley (60-1) got up late to touch out Cortina and Reference Mark. ‘Mary Jo ran close up early but was done on the turn. Starship didn’t get bet but did get up for 3rd in a head bob with Reference Mark who did all the dirty work!

R4
I like Little Ghazi & Devine Wind . Could use Dark Moondancer a little.
Result ’Moondancer was scratched on the way to the gate. Devine Wind took over in upper stretch and held Sigreto and Williams News safe. No blood.

R5
Tough one. Nothing jumps out and when I start digging too many look good!
Result Cinnful Bride gets an easy win (BTL) with Paradise Patty 2nd and Gold Scammer 3rd. I used 4 (1/2/3/7) of these in a P3 going thru 2/7 and finishing on 1/4/5/8 and then double dipped using 1/2/3 with the others and then triple dipped using 1 and 2 with the others. So I’m alive in three P3’s.

R6
Prime Time Event should have these over a barrel. Good route speed does well on this layout. Mandella’s comebacker Seeking The Cat will be flying late.
Result ’Event tracked Mr Siphon (1/2 to Mama Simba and The Tin Man) to the 1/8th pole and then drew clear to win by 4. ‘Cat was off the board and I think they sent out a search party to find him! Longhot Aloha Goodbye got up for 2nd. Three P3’s still alive!

R7
Here’s my price play of the day. Stage Down in from Phoenix for Kruljac. Positive trainer change-horse runs well fresh-much improved works since raced-not a lot to beat-and 8-1. Where’s the window?
Result Never got a smell. Lil Bit Devilish made the lead and took them into the stretch. The betdown fav Rubin’s Rose outside and Shezsofoxy inside hit the wire together with ‘foxy getting the nod at 25-1. Dead P3’s.

R8
Another toughie. The Ruidoso shipper Roll Hennessy Roll should do well but then there are Spensive, Red Apache & Only The Best to get in the way!
Result ’Best ambushed them! Popped the gate, opened 4 lengths and whistled Dixie! Lot’s of tongues hanging out in this one. ‘Hennessy was off slow and came wide to get 3rd. Baffert’s Domestic Dispute was 2nd. Kicked off my final P3 using 2/5/7/9 with 1/6/8 with 1/6 for $2 and then did a $1 using 3/4/5/6/7 in the 3rd leg. Heading for the bar. It’s Miller time!!

R9
No way My Captain should be 10-1 with these. Mandella’s other one Diamond Hope and Lennyfromalibu look to be the main ones.
Result Harry Jake got off to a pretty easy lead. Lenny and ‘Captain were tracking down the hill. Lenny went on at the top of the stretch and won clear. ‘Hope was along late for 2nd. Trainer Mandella in a TVG interview revealed that ‘Captain had been gelded since his last something that wasn’t revealed in the official changes! My P3’s are all alive….can I lose?

R10
Beware of Zoezeebear at this distance. Herrick’s 9/5 shot Woman Onfasttrack deserves to be favorite.
Result Z’bear off a step slow rushed up and led into the turn. Dream Boldly tracked and took over there. Woman pressed but couldn’t get by ‘Boldly. Little Mis General was 3rd. P3 paid $202 for a buck. I’ll take it!