PDA

View Full Version : pc's vs. APPLE

turfbar
12-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Just wondering I have been using a pc for years to do all my
software needs concerning handicapping horses , my question is does anybody use an Apple mac for thier horse racing? How are they? any suggestions?

Contemplating buying one (APPLE) and was curious

TIA
Turfbar

JustRalph
12-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Just wondering I have been using a pc for years to do all my
software needs concerning handicapping horses , my question is does anybody use an Apple mac for thier horse racing? How are they? any suggestions?

Contemplating buying one (APPLE) and was curious

TIA
Turfbar

I have never seen a program for horse racing (handicpping) that runs on a mac...........

Niko
12-04-2006, 12:06 PM
I have an Mac and love it. Problem is there still aren't many (any) horse racing products and websites that support it. So I had to go out and by a Windows laptop to go with it.

I go through Brisbet and with Firefox I can now wager and download PP's so that's good. They just switched to Realplayer but ONLY if you're using explorer or Netscape....come on-get with the times.

Very, very hard to find a horseracing product and betting site that supports MAC. Same is true for stocks...otherwise I would be all apple.

BUT the new Macs with their Intel processors have a program that you can open the operating system in Windows--probably means it's compatible with all Windows programs etc...maybe some one here can fill us in on the new Mac/Windows operating system.

Speed Figure
12-04-2006, 12:19 PM
For Macs. http://www.cynthiapublishing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=THS&Product_Code=ALLV6&Category_Code=SOFTWARE

Now that Macs run windows, can't you use all the handicapping software now?

bigmack
12-04-2006, 12:27 PM
For Macs.
Now that Macs run windows, can't you use all the handicapping software now?

Indeedie

alysheba88
12-04-2006, 01:31 PM
I have a Mac and have handicapping software on it. I have virtual PC which enables me to run Windows programs. Works great. Its my understanding the new Macs dont require use of Virtual PC to run a Windows program

richrosa
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Couldn't pass up an opportunity to add since my response is relevant.

HandicappingOS works anywhere from any web browser, including that locked down PC that you have at work where the IT guy won't let you install software.

HOS works on PC's, Macs, handhelds, Linux, and just about anywhere. Plus you don't need to download data files, ever.

michiken
12-04-2006, 06:03 PM
It took a stroke of genius to design cross platform software! :lol:

HOS works on PC's, Macs, handhelds, Linux, and just about anywhere. Plus you don't need to download data files, ever.