7lrl3
8fl9
9del11
11crc3
8ap10
12crc9
6bm6
9sa2

If i get one right, then it will be a small victory...

Amazin
10-20-2002, 02:00 AM
Gr1
Not bad with your picks.I was shocked to find I was ranked 37th in the standings going into this final week,so I decided to get serious and bombed.Just curious if you picked these yourself or you used a computer program

GR1@HTR
10-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Congrads on the good run w/ bris. I handicap like every one else but use a computer to do it instead of pencil and paper.

Amazin
10-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Is it homegrown ?

GR1@HTR
10-20-2002, 05:12 PM
No, been using HTR now for 3-4 years.

Trijack
10-20-2002, 05:30 PM
GRI

I came in 2nd for total wins, had 16 wins but got beat with a lower win payoff than the winner. I always play some long shots with my solid picks but never had a winner higher than 10.90. I had some 2nd places that paid as high as 19.00 but just could not get a bigger winner in my win column. I still won a $1,000.00 worth of Bris online credit and since I use Always Pro that will come in handy..

baravot
10-20-2002, 07:45 PM
Trijack,

That's a good- although I imagine extremely frustrating- performance. Congratulations.

JimG
10-20-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Trijack
GRI

I came in 2nd for total wins, had 16 wins but got beat with a lower win payoff than the winner. I always play some long shots with my solid picks but never had a winner higher than 10.90. I had some 2nd places that paid as high as 19.00 but just could not get a bigger winner in my win column. I still won a $1,000.00 worth of Bris online credit and since I use Always Pro that will come in handy..

Trijack,

Congrats! Nice showing. Considering all that play, that was a great showing! Your right about the credit. That will come in handy since you use AllWays. I also own AllWays Pro but do not use it at present due to data costs.

I only had a meager 4 horses in the contest but one of them did pay almost $30. Wish I could give him to you for the victory.

Jim

ridersup
10-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Congrats Tri.

Thats a good showing and as I recall you actually won one of the weekly prizes either last year or the year before. Seems like I remember that you gave credit for 1 of your plays to a post on this board.

I had 11 wins and at least that many places. Felt good about a positive ROI of $100+ for the full 4 weeks of the tourney.

GR1@HTR
10-20-2002, 09:39 PM
Nice pickin fellas!

Trijack
10-20-2002, 10:25 PM
Riderup

You are right I won the first week in April of 2000. In saturdays races I won 3 out of the last four races after winning the 1st race and in that 9th race for Bay Meadows my horse came 2nd after leading most of the way.
Now here is a good tale for the 1st week. I went to Southeastern Ky for my 50 year high school reunion. I took along all my horse racing info including my Always Pro program and others including Neurax, stayed with a brother there whose son had a computer, went to my reunion on friday night and the next morning hooked up everything only to discover the printer did not work. I also once had used the Neurax hdcp program and so I had a few profiles for various tracks, and I could write down the contenders from the screen and with a few ways to elminate some horses so I made my plays from the Neurax screen.

I usually get the scratches and make last minute adustments but we were all going to a parade that started at 11 am EST so I just stuck with my original picks and wound up with 6 winners that first week. Now how lucky is that. On the last 3 weeks I used Always Pro maybe I should have stuck with Neurax

ridersup
10-21-2002, 08:02 AM
Tri

Great story. Its amazing what horse players go through to ply their craft. Ive been in the computer rooms of libraries all across this country while on trips with the Mrs. trying to get info on certain races, and also reading the messages on this great board.
Come to think of it I ought to give her a gold star for what she puts up with.

Amazin
10-21-2002, 12:04 PM
Tri

The most frustrating part of the Bris contest for me was the 60-1 maiden that won the GIII Arlington Lassie on 9/28.My play was the 18-1 shot that he nailed at the wire.That race ruined the hopes of anyone interested in winning the bankroll
prize.They should put a cap on these kinds of horses because it feels hopeless to make that kind of payoff up so people lose interest.That happened recently at the DMR contest as well.I noticed Publichandicapper.com puts a 30-1 cap in their contests.Think I'll try that one.If that maiden didn't win that race, I would've been in the top 10 in points and bankroll at that point.

pmann2
10-21-2002, 08:17 PM
I totally agree on the cap. I was doing quite well in the DMR contest but if you miss one or two of the longshots you're done. I quit about 2/3 of the way through. Same with Bris. After the second week I stuck with win percentage instead of bankroll.
I still can't believe the unbelievable performances in the bris contests. It makes the game look easy. After looking at the results it seems like everyones getting rich at the track except me.