PDA

View Full Version : Coup in Fiji Islands

so.cal.fan
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Anyone know what this is about?
A friend in New Zealand told me about it.
Seems they are trying to overthrow the Crown?

bigmack
12-03-2006, 10:00 PM
A couple of surfing chums are down there and are concerned but they say that the "feel" is Ok and the military taking command of popo stations is of little concern to locals. ITO

JustRalph
12-04-2006, 12:07 PM
The Kennedy's are probably the most worried. Every dime the Kennedy family has is hidden in Fiji.......Teddy is probably having an extra martini at lunch today

so.cal.fan
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
I understand people are taking their money out of banks there, waiting to see what happens.
I would think if the Kennedy's did have money there, it's long gone.

bigmack
12-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Oddly enough there have been three coups in the last 19 years. This one stems from granting amnesty for those involved in the 2000 coup.

Coup-coup-kachoo

http://wtv-zone.com/caseman/3/ani2/cool_5.gif

JPinMaryland
12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Message boards seem to favor the general roughly 2:1. Of course much of these are people in other lands like some guy in Monterey California. They seem to think the general is better on race relations.

Tom
12-04-2006, 07:08 PM
The Kennedy's are probably the most worried. Every dime the Kennedy family has is hidden in Fiji.......Teddy is probably having an extra martini at lunch today

Is that why Joe is sucking up to Chavez and the free fuel oil? :lol:

Suff
12-04-2006, 07:56 PM
The Kennedys own huge chunks of McDonalds, Sears and Citicorp among other lesser knowns. Thier more public holding is Voranado realty. A REIT traded on NYSE.

They own Airle Mutual funds as well. The quiet brother Christopher handles family business.

They own Washington DC. 80 Buildings. And a sizable chunk of Manhattan.

Their the largest owners of Commercial Real Estate in America.

http://www.vno.com/index.phtml

They owned Haleigh park you know? The track we were talking about the other day. Old man Joe bought that back in 1930's. Kennedy's loved the Pony's.

Tom
12-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Many of them were actually seen on "horse." :eek::rolleyes::lol: