PDA

View Full Version : Rematch time?

cj
12-02-2006, 07:43 PM
USC is going down, so I guess it is OSU/Michigan? Maybe Florida has a claim, but I don't see them as worthy at all. In the system we have today, it has to be the rematch. It might be different if Oklahoma didn't get screwed over in Oregon, but we'll never know.

michiken
12-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Maybe my Wolverines fall back into favor, but how can you deny that USC lost the game fair and square?

BetHorses!
12-02-2006, 11:44 PM
USC is going down, so I guess it is OSU/Michigan? Maybe Florida has a claim, but I don't see them as worthy at all. In the system we have today, it has to be the rematch. It might be different if Oklahoma didn't get screwed over in Oregon, but we'll never know.

Agree about the rematch

Pace Cap'n
12-03-2006, 08:57 AM

How true. I think the Sooners should have just as much shot at it as anyone. Probably the worst screw job in the history of college football...not like it was just one bad call, but two bad reviews--come on.

rgustafson
12-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Don't see a rematch happening. The voters, both coaches and sportswriters alike are too gutless. Those that voted USC ahead of Michigan last week will now shift those votes to Florida. Unless you go undefeated, the Big Ten is somewhat handicapped by finishing their schedule two weeks earlier than other major conferences.

Valuist
12-05-2006, 12:38 AM
This may force the B10 to play a conference championship game. The SEC conf. championship gave Florida a thirteenth game, and obviously was against a high quality opponent which would help their strength of schedule and was enough for them to overtake Michigan.

Can you imagine if the B10 had one? Lets see Michigan beats OSU in the B10 championship.....then they'd meet again for A THIRD TIME.

BetHorses!
12-05-2006, 01:44 AM
Val,

Excellent point