PDA

View Full Version : a heartfelt thankyou

joeyspicks
12-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey guys... ( not handicapping....PA please move if you must)

listening to Chris Rea (who?) song..... "Every Second Counts" and thought its time to say thanks.....

Earlier this year I had posted about my wife who was very sick (breast cancer..very VERY advanced)..... it didnt look too promising.

Well its December 2006 and after an extremely challanging year, I'm very happy to say she is doing well....beaten the "odds" you might say. My thanks to all the guys on this board who responded with heartfelt messages and promises to pray..(yea horse players pray...and at more than getting that 20-1 shot in:lol: ) !!!

To say it lifted me up is an understatement. Many sent me e-mails and pm's and again I want to say THANK YOU. A small thing you think but when a person is going through something this intense the smallest things can help.

This board gave me something to go to when I wanted to just stop thinking about the what IF's of our situation. Thanks DrugS and the Fatman for some much needed laughs. ( and I find myself looking forward to DrugS "report" on the years 2 yr olds....the guy is a true fan.....AND the first that I saw to comment on the potential of D.C.). D Schwartz bringing HMI to the next level and many other discussions on this board gave me a little vacation from the real world!

Again, I'm feeling very grateful and very fortunate. Before I get tooo......

well you know...

THANK YOU for making the effort to pray and send messages to me ( a "stranger" really to everyone on this board).

Please take a moment to tell your loved ones...that YOU LOVE THEM!

Live the moment......ENJOY (you just don't know when...)

God Bless
Joe

P.A.
THANKS for this board and running it the way you do..

to all: Have a safe and Merry Christmas.....

ps

my one wish unfulfilled wish for 2006......D.C. in the BC CLASSIC :ThmbUp:

GB

Tom
12-02-2006, 07:27 PM
This is great news.
I am happy for both of you - God Bless you both ( seems like He already did).

Never give up hope - and now, do something nice for someone else. Good time of year for it, and let me tell ya, the Big Guy upstairs loves when you do that.

Not PA, of course :D

bigmack
12-02-2006, 07:44 PM
listening to Chris Rea (who?) song..... "Every Second Counts" and thought its time to say thanks.....
CRea has some nice stuff.

Every second counts
Thats what he says
Every second counts
Every single day
All through the night time
And all through the day time
Cant let your world pass through and in to my way
Every second counts
He cant slow down
Every second counts
See his spin around
Hes chasing his shadow
Hes racing the wind
He tells us to follow
Where the ice is so thin

I hope youre holding on
I hope youre holding on
cos every second counts

joeyspicks
12-02-2006, 07:58 PM
THANKS Tom!

Bigmack yeah! so I'm not the only CRea fan! Songs good/ cd's VERY good

Dave Schwartz
12-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Joey,

Congratulations on seeing it as a successful year, after all.

God bless you and your family.

Dave

Zman179
12-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow! That's better than hitting the BC Ultra Pick 6! Continued wishes for good luck and health with your family.

kenwoodallpromos
12-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Great post! I'm very glad!

DanG
12-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Well said Joe;

Bless you and yours.:ThmbUp:

shanta
12-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Terrific news Joey! Looks like this will be a special holiday for you and the family.
Keep the faith man and God bless

Richie :)

Indulto
12-02-2006, 11:06 PM
... This board gave me something to go to when I wanted to just stop thinking about the what IF's of our situation. Thanks DrugS and the Fatman for some much needed laughs.Joe,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. As one who also appreciates the entertaining distraction that horseracing and this board provide, it's gratifying to hear your good news.

Best wishes to you and your wife.
Indulto

My thanks also to tfm as well as to toe, Tom, and especially TD for their uncanny timing in delivering their welcome adjustments to my attitude.

Handiman
12-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Joe,

Great News! My wife was just tested for Cancer this last week and the test turned out Negative. We are so thankfull. I've had a few challanges this last year, but I just don't know how I would do, going through what you have this last year.

May God continue to bless your family. Not sure you can find a better group of people online to count on, than the group here at PA. I really don't think so.

Happy Holidays!!
Handiman :)

GaryG
12-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Have a very Merry Christmas Joe....I know you will. Just go out and look at the night sky. Today is all we are promised. God bless you both.

Gary

betchatoo
12-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Joe:

Glad this year ended on a high note. I hope next year is twice as good

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Allow me to echo all the "great news" replies you have received thus far. May all your news be just as good going forward into the new year!

CryingForTheHorses
12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Best of luck in the new year...God Bless your wife.God Bless you!!

JimG
12-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Joe,

Bless you and continued good news.

Red Knave
12-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Joey

Excellent news.
Never give up, never give in.

All the best