PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda threat to financial firms

Bala
12-01-2006, 12:53 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/30/news/economy/al_qaeda.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. government has warned U.S. private financial services of an al Qaeda call for a cyber attack against U.S. online stock trading and banking Web sites beginning Friday, officials said Thursday.

Here we go. Does this mean I have to give Micro$haft more money for their
new security features in Vista?

Bala
12-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Microshaft releases Vista for businesses, along with spyware, security exploits, DRM and the bird flu...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061130/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_vista
Analysts expect slow adoption of the new operating system as businesses test it for compatibility with their programs or wait for Microsoft to work out any kinks that may exist in the first release.

Bala
12-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Apple releases 31 security fixes, proving OS X is just as good as Windows
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/index.php?p=342

PaceAdvantage
12-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Damn, and I thought Al Qaeda was going to be nicer to us since we elected some Democrats last month.....another half-baked theory goes down the drain...

kenwoodallpromos
12-01-2006, 03:37 AM
Where in Pakistan is Musharif hiding the AL Quida computer banks?

Tom
12-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Damn, and I thought Al Qaeda was going to be nicer to us since we elected some Democrats last month.....another half-baked theory goes down the drain...

Did you ever think that maybe some of those on-line help techs we talk to everyday are Al Qeda, and they are purposely screing up our lives with wrong answers?

"That should be helpiing you now!"
"Thanks for the hlep - have a nice day."
"You too, sir.......hehehe, He is soo screwed now!"

kenwoodallpromos
12-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Did you ever think that maybe some of those on-line help techs we talk to everyday are Al Qeda, and they are purposely screing up our lives with wrong answers?

"That should be helpiing you now!"
"Thanks for the hlep - have a nice day."
"You too, sir.......hehehe, He is soo screwed now!"

Bala
12-03-2006, 01:57 PM
A Romanian national was indicted on charges of hacking into more than 150 U.S. government computers, causing disruptions that cost NASA, the Energy Department and the Navy nearly $1.5 million.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4371859.html

NoDayJob
12-04-2006, 01:28 AM
Advise waiting until Mega$quat Vista comes with @ least SP-1. Lot's of relearning stuff ya already know. Some programs will not load or work and PCI cards may need to be replaced. Been using the latest beta version for some time now. It can be the biggest pain in the rump you've ever experienced. Unless ya like to solve OS problems, OS-X and Linux still have Vista beaten in a number of areas. If ya can get by with XP-Pro, SP-2 w/updates, don't change until ya buy a new computer with Vista installed on it and that won't be until the 30th of January, 2007. Probably a good time to shop [after Christmas] for a new computer that doesn't have Vista installed on it. JMO

Tom
12-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Witht Vista coming out, saddled with all the build in problme,s huge hardware requirements, and obvious bugs, plus, since it has been stripped of most of the planned bells and whistles, and the forced WGA BS, now would be a great time to say NO to MS and go to linux. If you have to bascially re-learn an OS, it might as well be a good one. Vista will be a gross failure for most
users.

I am looking into ubunto. I have no intention of going to Vista - ever.

Is this why Gates is retiring - he see the handwritting on the wall and is getting out while he is still on top? He must know this turkey can't fly. Now he can blame it on the stooge left in charge. :D