PDA

View Full Version : Four days, two $100 plus winners...

Valuist
11-29-2006, 08:34 PM
for sire Petionville with first time synthetic surface runners. Last weekend, it was Follow My Man at about 65-1 at Turfway over the Poly. Today it was A Stare And Me at $119 over the Cushion at Hollywood.
This is just further reinforcement that stallions who's offspring take to Polytrack, also take to the CushionTrack as well. Petionville also had a winner on opening day of the Hol meet when Publication won. This is another stallion who can't be considered a "grass sire" but who's offspring like the synthetic stuff. I'm reading everywhere how Poly/Cushion=Grass.......not exactly true.

BTW, how would you like to hit a P3 with a $119 horse at Hol and have it NOT be a signer? Almost impossible to do.

First Time Blinks
11-29-2006, 09:09 PM
The conformation experts I know have told me that you need a similar build (feet, pastern, gait action height, etc.) to Poly to succeed on cushion track. I personally have not played a race at HOL yet, but I know these guys have cashed some big bets there.

What's interesting is that Petitonville is not known as a grass sire. Maybe the Majestic Light blood just comes though better on synthetic surfaces.

Robert Fischer
11-29-2006, 09:26 PM
pretty good. Petionville is a good one.

cj
11-30-2006, 08:27 AM
I noticed last night that Hollywood took two races off the turf for no apparent reason. I found it interesting that they were bet like they were still on turf, and pretty much the results confirmed the betting.

Neither Petionville nor Skip Away are known as particularly good turf sires though, so it is something worth following.

Valuist
11-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Do you ever remember him (Petitionville) running on grass? I want to say he was a 3YO around 1995. I remember him running in some 3YO stakes but I never saw him on the grass, and I can't recall seeing any of his offspring move up considerably on grass.

JPinMaryland
11-30-2006, 02:09 PM
His name is "Petionville" not "Petitionville" this may screw you up if youre searching for him.

V. you're right abbout his age, born in 1992:

15 Starts: 7 - 0 - 1, $811,905

Won: Louisiana Derby-G3, Ohio Derby-G2, La Jolla Handicap-G3, Gold Rush S., San Miguel S. 3rd: Swaps S.-G2

at stud at Crestwood Farm, Kentucky.

Not sure if any of those races are turf.

cj
11-30-2006, 02:47 PM
The La Jolla is on turf, not the rest.

JustRalph
11-30-2006, 02:51 PM
why do I know this sire's name? Any big time horses in the past?

JPinMaryland
11-30-2006, 03:10 PM
The only major runner appears to be: Island Fashion, who coincidentally has come in third in couple of turf races this year, the John C Mabee and another. She is now 6. Didnt see any other major names in his progeny report.

BeatTheChalk
12-01-2006, 12:01 PM
I must be losing it .....but every time I find out " Where it's At " ....
They move it :bang:
** Nobody said this was gonna be easy ..and they were Right **

Valuist
12-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Apparently the Petionville's don't all like the synthetic. There's a horse by him running at Hollywood tomorrow: Sailor's Sunset. This horse has won 3 of its last 4 starts. The loss? An 11 length beating in its only start over the Poly at Keeneland.

JustRalph
12-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Apparently the Petionville's don't all like the synthetic. There's a horse by him running at Hollywood tomorrow: Sailor's Sunset. This horse has won 3 of its last 4 starts. The loss? An 11 length beating in its only start over the Poly at Keeneland.

I think we are going to find out that keeneland is something of its own thing no matter what the surface. it's like the Bermuda Triangle of racing........weird shit happens..........

Valuist
12-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Turns out Sailors Sunset DOES like the synthetic surface after all. Another big price winner for Petionville:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChart.cfm?TID=HOL&CTRY=USA&DAY=D&DT=12/02/2006&STYLE=EQB&RACE=8&BorP=B