PDA

View Full Version : Eating Dog Food for 2.7 Million - The Story of Tennie Pierce

delayjf
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
There is a discrimination lawsuit working its way through the Los Angles city system that is interesting.

In the LA fire dept., pranks and practical jokes and various hazing is pretty common among the firefighters – similar to a fraternity.

Tennie Pierce was a firefighter in L.A. that has filed a discrimination lawsuit against the city. He claims that a racial prank was played on him when he was unknowingly feed dog food mixed in his spaghetti. Apparently he was the only one feed the dog food as it probably stemmed from his constant referral to himself as “The Big Dog” (he was 6-5) Originally the City Attorney recommended an award of 2.7 million dollars plus his full pension as an out of court settlement. The City Council approved the settlement.

Then, a local radio show picked up the story and began speaking out against the settlement. Other firemen then presented photos that pictures Tennie participating in the hazing of other firemen – to include the posed shaving of another mans genitals. It created such an up roar over the settlement, the the LA Mayor vetoed the settlement which now is in the hands of the LA City Counsel which needs 10 out of 15 votes to override the Mayor’s Veto.

Amazing, 2.7 Million for eating dog food. How much did Rodney King get for getting the crap beat out of him??
Below is the link.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pierce29nov29,0,4648427.story?coll=la-home-headlines

bigmack
11-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Pierce was the king of hazing in the station. He said when he did pranks to others it was "out of love". However, when he ate the dog food it was a racist act on him from the others he's been hazing for years. Pony up the 2.7 just to make the LA City Counsil look as they are - lamebrains.

delayjf
11-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Pierce was the king of hazing in the station

I hope there are a mulitude of firefighters willing to testify to that.

Tom
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
OK, I'll bite ( play on words!)
How does dog food equate to racism??????

delayjf
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Tom,

That is the million dollar question. From all appearances, the attorney will attempt to paint the LA Fire dept as having a history of racism. So I assume that anything that in anyway COULD be interpreted by any individual as racist - is in fact racism.

Why waste time, why not give out 2.7 million and a full pension to every minority in the Dept.

The DA has made comments to the effect that he's afraid a "Downtown Jury" will find for Pierce ala OJ Simpson. If he's afraid he can't get an impartial jury than he should opt for a judge to hear the case. If he loses, he can always appeal.

Tom
11-29-2006, 09:34 PM
I used to eat Milkbones and Schlitz.
What does that make me?

bigmack
11-29-2006, 09:39 PM
What does that make me?
A K9 with a hankerin' for suds

http://www.geocities.com/treejumper1/dog_drinking_beer.jpg

headhawg
11-29-2006, 10:03 PM
What does that make me?Nauseous?

Indulto
11-29-2006, 10:44 PM
What does that make me?A snookered simian with the breath of a schnauzer:jump:

JPinMaryland
11-30-2006, 10:47 AM
If he's afraid he can't get an impartial jury than he should opt for a judge to hear the case. If he loses, he can always appeal.

This might not be up to him, it might the plaintiffs choice as to jury or judge.

delayjf
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
An Attorney I talked too said the the choice would be up to the defendant. Which in this case would be the City of LA.

By the by, the City Counsel voted last night to not reinstate the settlement, so it's on to court.

BlueShoe
11-30-2006, 02:51 PM
In one of the very few examples of reason prevailing in matters such as this,the LA mayor vetoed the award,and the city council upheld the veto.However,look for this matter to proceed onward and end up in the courts,with the city ending up paying this fortune hunter a smaller sum out of court.LA talk radio has been abuzz on this topic,with overwhelming opposition to this man geting a dime.Btw,I work cheap.2.7 million?Move the decimal two places to the left and I would be happy to do it;for $27,000 will eat a whole damn case of dogfood,not just flavor my spaghetti with it.Where do I sign up?