PDA

View Full Version : Top Flight DQ Appealed

Cesario!
11-29-2006, 09:09 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/80845.html

Although I suspect the answer is "no," will a later change affect the parimutuel results? I was holding a nice ticket on Rahy's Appeal, and was so sickened by the DQ that I had to take the rest of the day off.

Seth

DJofSD
11-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Just purse distributions.

classhandicapper
11-29-2006, 09:56 AM
We need some clarity and consistency on this "use of whip" rule.

On one of the TV shows they said that the stewards don't have to DQ the horse if they don't think the whip impacted the result. I think you can easily argue that the rule is bad for a number of reasons. However, if that is the rule, there's no way that horse should have come down. It was obvious the horse was going to win anyway.

Valuist
11-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I agree. Terrible DQ.

Cesario!
11-29-2006, 11:03 AM
I couldn't figure out who to be mad at: Garcia for the infraction...or Coa for the very weak objection and starting the whole mess. Let it go, Eibar.

Murph
11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I couldn't figure out who to be mad at: Garcia for the infraction...or Coa for the very weak objection and starting the whole mess. Let it go, Eibar.Garcia - He is off the bug now and he knows better than to do that. Maybe that is what the stewards are trying to tell him.

Murph

Ron
11-29-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/80845.html

Although I suspect the answer is "no," will a later change affect the parimutuel results? I was holding a nice ticket on Rahy's Appeal, and was so sickened by the DQ that I had to take the rest of the day off.

Seth

How could it possibly affect the parimutuel results???

Cesario!
11-29-2006, 05:19 PM
After I thought about it for a bit, that's why I expected the answer was no -- practically, the pool money has already been paid. However, in the day and age of electronic wagering and recorded evidence of bets, it would seem that a track that loses an appeal for a terrible decision should ultimately be responsible to the bettors.

Sounds right and just to me.