PDA

View Full Version : Race Prophet

topgun
11-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Hello,

Here is the correct name, as in is there anyone out there having success with this program?

Topgun

acorn54
11-29-2006, 12:43 AM
i have tried it
it is basically a numbers generator
good software you want? it has been my experience that the only worthwhile software out there has proprietary factors. unfortunately to remain profitable they are limited to a small number of users. the only one that looks interesting to me and you might want to look into is ken massa's "HTR" software. another one i researched by emailing previous users and asking how they liked it, was "horsestreet" software produced by dave schwartz. some of the respondents to my queries said it was okay -to- great, and others said they could not get it to work towards a profitable r.o.i.. why this is i don't know. perhaps dave's software requires more work to turn into a profitable proposition than some users are willing to do.
hope this helps
acorn

FORGO
12-06-2006, 01:51 AM
Like any tool you have to learn how to use it. It is not a stand alone although there are times it will scare you. I have not seen any other program that can give you the wide variety of information with the click of a mouse. Now you have to set the program for your way of handicapping. For Sprints FPS is quite good . I always consult there picks to see how they coinside with mine. There program alone has picked some has picked some awesome supers. I love it when I see large odds in the first five contenders. This program is one of my favorites.
I got mine at bargain price. Now is even better its shareware FREE FORGO:)

njcurveball
12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Well actually even with the "free" software, HTR is a much better value for someone who plays daily or even wants daily results for their track profiles. HDW data includes every track for around $120 a month. They are the best data source in the thoroughbred industry today.

Race Prophet does look a lil more "visual" with nice colors and graphs, so if that is your thing you may prefer it. I don't see how you could get the same amount of data for the price and if you do not need to see a graph to know 54 is better than 53 you probably would prefer HTR.

Also HTR has an excellent export feature to allow you to keep your own database. It has a "robot" to show you what is winning with any combination of factors and all of the data in race prophet plus other factors not found anywhere else. If you want to see all the features they have a demo on their website.

I guess free software and a pay per track download is better for the people who only care about looking at the races a few days a month.

I would also compare HSH/H3 but your initial cost for the software is much more than free.

ponypro
12-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Ive been playing around with the race prophet demo for a few days. This is a very very nice tool. It doesnt pick winners per say but visually presents really usefull stuff. Very user friendly. I recently went to a forex trading seminar thats being advertised on TV premiertradeai. Its software that takes traditional candlestick and RSI and all that good stockmarket stats and puts them into color bar graphs. They are getting 3 grand! for taking complex stuff and putting them into simple color bar charts. Dont get any ideas COLT!

My biggest problem with handicappers especially computer saavy ones and dont get me wrong I think some horse handicappers are borderline genious with their math ability but they are too smart and they cant or WONT translate it to a practical product. Like the sheets guys , Ive looked at those sheets for years. It is the stupidest presentation of data ever. But it creates a little intellectual intrigue and ego gratification which I know is important to some of you. For a keep it simple guy like me Race Prophet is a thumbs up

John
12-20-2006, 09:49 PM
For a keep it simple guy like me Race Prophet is a thumbs up[/QUOTE]

ME TOO !!!

:) :) :)