PDA

View Full Version : Beatles Love CD

Tom
11-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Anyone heard this yet?
Really cool - the re-mixed a lot of old songs, took the words from one and put them over the music of another.

Now, I grew up on the Beatles, and know about every song by heart - words and music, so I am humming along to the guitars, and the wrong words are coming out, total disorientation! :eek:
But they did it really good.

PlanB
11-27-2006, 08:48 PM
YES. George Martin Jr.? I think Father & Son both produced the Las Vegas Cirque de Solei? It was wonderful, I happn'd to see it 2 months ago.

spilparc
11-27-2006, 11:12 PM
YES. George Martin Jr.? I think Father & Son both produced the Las Vegas Cirque de Solei? It was wonderful, I happn'd to see it 2 months ago.

It was George Martin Sr and Jr who produced this CD.

George Martin=the fifth beatle.

Ponyplayr
11-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Anyone heard this yet?
Really cool - the re-mixed a lot of old songs, took the words from one and put them over the music of another.

Now, I grew up on the Beatles, and know about every song by heart - words and music, so I am humming along to the guitars, and the wrong words are coming out, total disorientation! :eek:
But they did it really good.
I just listened to a few of the songs on their web page and it sounds great..definitely different.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/cirquedusoleil/en/showstickets/love/music/cdlove.htm

banacek
11-28-2006, 01:12 AM
If you go to www.thebeatles.com (http://www.thebeatles.com) you can hear the whole album. I played it while I was at work last week. You do need to register but just your name and email.

bigmack
11-28-2006, 03:36 PM
As great of songwriters that L & Mc were the production that George M championed definately warrants the moniker "the 5th Beatle"
As gifted as he is the chip from his block is equally seen in his kid Giles. This kid is a genius when it comes to non-linear editing. The layers of motifs used from a variety of songs is hard to hear on first blush. The more you listen, the more you hear, the more you like.

Tom
11-28-2006, 05:40 PM
It was indeed the perfect match - Martin and the Beatles. The sum of the parts were a whole bunch greater than the individuals.

PlanB
11-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Tom, I just picked up LOVE. Nearly 79 mins long, later I'll play the DVD. The 1st rendition "Because" is certainly different. More review later.

PlanB
11-28-2006, 06:59 PM
ummm, except for Glass Onion, I don't hear any difference between these renditions & the originals. Im up to #7, Drive My Car. PS: hehe #7 was very clever.

bigmack
11-28-2006, 07:04 PM
ummm, except for Glass Onion, I don't hear any difference between these renditions & the originals. Im up to #7, Drive My Car. PS: hehe #7 was very clever.
Over the 26 tracks, the ghosts of 130 different individual recordings are referenced; sometimes the whole song, often just a snippet of organ or guitar. Slithers of sound float into the mix, touch the periphery of consciousness, then back away. You have to have a good ear to hear most of them as they're introduced subtly.

PlanB
11-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Over the 26 tracks, the ghosts of 130 different individual recordings are referenced; sometimes the whole song, often just a snippet of organ or guitar. Slithers of sound float into the mix, touch the periphery of consciousness, then back away. You have to have a good ear to hear most of them as they're introduced subtly.

I am loving Strawberry Fields. Yes, now I hear the complexity. I must have been tanked on 15 vodkas in Vegas.

PlanB
11-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Ok laugh if you must but I just put on my Sgt Pepper jacket. I heard a touch of the Sgt in Lucy in the Sky. Man, this is awesome.

PlanB
11-28-2006, 07:32 PM
LOL I heard ever so briefly Hey Bull Dog guitar riff over Lady Madonna ending with a Lisa Simpson sax. LOL

PlanB
11-28-2006, 07:42 PM
And I thought I knew the Beatles ~100%. What was that Take Me Back refrain? And what happened to Cry Baby Cry track. #20 Revolution is playing and I did not heat CBC. ummm

PlanB
11-28-2006, 08:05 PM
OMG, my only reaction after track #26 is that I WANT MORE. my wife Solange says she's gonna play (after editing) 6 tracks each night to make me crazy. A very french maneuver. Guys, just go buy this CD, it's really incredible & it needs a few listenings, like ~30.

PlanB
11-29-2006, 07:55 AM
GNIK NUS to you all? It's a tiny track on the LOVE cd, #8. Last night I was saying "what's this, some german song I never heard about." haha, a little Beatle sly humor, cause GNIK NUS = SUN KING. It was only this morning that kapow.
Have a Gnik Nus day.

Tom
11-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Ouy Knaht, B Nalp

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Valuist
11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Invasor loved CD also.