PDA

View Full Version : O.K. you've figured out how to win the 4th race at MNR; howza bout the 5th?

NoDayJob
06-20-2001, 03:28 AM
Another bomb to play with. Careful it doesn't explode! -NDJ

NoDayJob
06-20-2001, 10:35 AM
Since none of these nags have won in the last 6 months I make the winner's 4th race back as the best pace for the distance. Only the #1 horse had a better workout rating according to my numbers. -NDJ

Que
06-20-2001, 01:46 PM
Thank goodness we aren't picking tomorrow's winner in the 5th at Mnr. But, picking a $59.40 winner in a race four days ago--I can do that...

To answer this equine puzzle you need to look at the trainer's horses that entered this race under similiar circumstances to PERFECT NIKI.

For example, on 12/26/99 the trainer started a horse named BROADWAY BEAT following a 127 day layoff, and on 10/27/00 he started a horse, ACADEMIC SONG, after a 112 day layoff. Both of these layoffs were similiar to PERFECT MIKI's 102 day layoff.

All three of these horse's ran their previous race at the same track and at the same or slightly lower class, i.e. none of these horses were dropping in class. In addition, all three horse's were on Lasix and Bute, and none of the horses had front wraps. And finally, all three races were dirt sprints.

The outcome: Broadway Beat won and paid $124.60; Academic Song won and paid $95.60; and now Perfect Miki wins and pays $59.40 to win.

In the past three years the trainer only had eight other horse's that met all the above criteria. In addition, on 6/8/01 the trainer had another horse, WORTHY PROSPECTOR, that also met the same criteria--that horse won too, but only paid $30.00 to win.

Que.

Rick Ransom
06-20-2001, 01:55 PM
Hey, you guys missed the Jerome County Fair meet here in Arizona. It just ended last Sunday. The exacta pool for the last race had $36.

Tom
06-20-2001, 08:33 PM
I have a DB of Mnr that goes back only to April. Here is what I got when I asked it for all the trainers who have won at 10-1 or better. Seems to be a few repeaters in this list.
See the attached file.
Tom

NoDayJob
06-20-2001, 09:47 PM
Que

Thank goodness we aren't picking tomorrow's winner in the 5th at Mnr. But, picking a $59.40 winner in a race four days
ago--I can do that...

To answer this equine puzzle you need to look at the trainer's horses that entered this race under similiar circumstances
to PERFECT NIKI.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Que,

My software is number based. So far I haven't had to use jockey or trainer stats. Someone on another board said, "When a jockey and/or a trainer carries the horse across the finish line then I will bet them". That's my feeling. If it works for you, so be it. -NDJ